Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Countering Miss Fortune mid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

for3ver28

09-21-2010

Miss Fortune seems to be dominating the middle in most games I have seen. Tips on the counter?

hasuzufuyuhi

09-21-2010

a Zilean is a good choice. A Rewind along with his Time Bomb can harass an MF a lot. Time Bomb does a hell lot of damage to MF early and you can use that to your advantage. the MF might pick up items to dampen the damage though

dunno about mid and late games though. all i can say is that in mid and late games i tend to stick with my tank or stunner

Graiskye

09-21-2010

Teamwork.
Sometimes the mid is a tense fight, and I am never too proud to ask for lil help.
When I ping mid or type shes good to go, they will know to sneak up river and gank that ho.
Not exactly what you are looking for I know, but it is an effective strat.
After the first couple of minutes at mid, I can usually tell the quality of my opponent, and I try to let the team know how I am making out, if I will need help, or whatever.
People like easy kills so if you tell the dude I'll get her down to 20%, you finish her off, most teammates are happy to oblige.
That and armor, and I have been meaning to chek if MR works on anything she throws out, need to sort that.
And always, a biggie....positioning, but I figure you probably know to keep creeps between you and her, or most any opponent for that matter, whenever possible.
Youll get her.
-G.
PS: I play TF at mid most, gold cards baby.

MaxMalady

09-21-2010

vlad and a well played pantheon are pretty great counters to MF mid.. i think she probably has the edge on the usual suspects like ez/ashe/annie in mid though.

SF Jumper

09-21-2010

MF is extremely easy to gank--moreso than Heimer.

Ulminati

09-22-2010

I've a pretty solid track record against MF with Morgana solomid on the EU servers. Puddle does a good job of keeping minions pushed while I can hang back and get the XP and gold unmolested. After level 6, ganking her with binding+ss and a teammate for added DPS becomes trivial.

ArAr Rrrr

09-22-2010

I don't have any problem against MF with Nidalee. Once I hit lev 6 she is easy kill for me, till then, only thing I wanna do is kill more minions and keep my turret safe

Tinker Gearsmith

09-22-2010

I had a game where I played as Malzahar vs Miss Fortune in the mid lane. Completely dominated her. If she gets to close you can cast your 'E' on her, and she'll usually run (early game) and any of her DoT spells are stopped in their tracks by his 'Q', which has a rather large range. Mid game you can easily take her out with a standard E->W->R Combo, And late game you don't have to worry much, because she should be far behind you in gold / equipment due to your active creep denial.

Is she casting a DoT?
Move out of its area of effect, or cast your 'Q'
(thats at a right angle, if she's using her ult! I'm sick of people running away from her during this and dying.)

Is she casting her skill shot?
Either it missed, or it hit and is on cooldown. If she's distant, tag her with your 'Q', close, hit her with your 'e'. and if you're level six just ult combo her!

During that game, the only thing i heard from her was "F**king Silence!"

The only dangerous Miss Fortune is a Fed Miss Fortune.

Shinôby

09-22-2010

ive still been maining MF and still loving her... most trouble i have is kat, in general, b/c her shunpo range is redundant, and with ability combos + exhaust ignite, it kinda hurts.... pantheon is a toughy b/c of his block (and stun isnt fun to deal with either) and malzahar and vlad also are tough when played correctly.. i have also however completely dominated a vlad before but i put that off on him being bad.... any mobile champ that isnt afraid to take a little bit of damage and just stand up to her can give her issues.. she has no cc and she cant just stand there and auto attack to take you down

kijik

Recruiter

09-22-2010

stand, in between, your ranged, and your melee creeps.

she can no longer Q you for half your **** life, problem solved.