My Dom Game was just Obliterated.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fendral

09-16-2012

I was just playing a dominion when I suddenly got a "attempting to reconnect" message. It was about 15 minutes in, we were slightly ahead having just secured top point. I couldn't reconnect, but I verified that my internet was still operating. I selected 'leave game' to attempt to reconnect via the pvp.net main screen only to find the game ceased to exist. No ability to reconnect, no leave history in my matchmaking, there's no indication it ever existed.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

If you search for "Loldrop" in the general forum you can find threads discussing it. Basically, a person (probably on the losing team) finds the IP address for the server the game is being played on and gets it to disconnect from the internet.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Yeah. We had this happen yesterday. I think I'm going to stop playing for a bit because of it.

MyDeadGrandma

09-16-2012

And here I was hoping the emergency maintenance took care of this

naotasan

09-16-2012

It's a DDoS attack on the server hosting the game.
One server hosts more than one game, and I believe Dominion games are getting some collateral damage.

Catnium

09-16-2012

if it really is ddos than there are a number of ways to get rid of it . so it probably wont be long before riot can "patch" this as it where.
riot should contact the people running the servers they'll know what to do.

Goronok

09-16-2012

Pffft, wish I was having such minor problems since the patch. :P

I'm having much, much worse problems unfortunately.

Aroyok

09-18-2012

This happened to me a few hours ago. I took a nap cause I was tired, came back and tried to play again. Right before the platform gates drop this bull**** happens again. It would be pretty annoying if it prevented you from playing for 20 minutes or so, but it lasts for so ****ing long.

BeefJerkyHunter

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragon View Post
If you search for "Loldrop" in the general forum you can find threads discussing it. Basically, a person (probably on the losing team) finds the IP address for the server the game is being played on and gets it to disconnect from the internet.
Losing sucks bad sometimes but to go to that extent is just pathetic.

Genericke

09-18-2012

I bet that fixing it would somehow involve making our hidden elos visible again. Dominion might have a competitive scene again and that would be bad. Won't get fixed then.

Teehee. Cheap shot.