Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runes for Kogmaw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Limited Edition

09-21-2010

I need some advice for the marks and quintessences. For marks I am confused as to put magic pen or armor pen, and for quintessences, I'm not too sure either. I'd appreciate any sort of advice but I'm more looking for people within the 1400+ elo range. Thanks.

Limited Edition

09-21-2010

Bump

Limited Edition

09-21-2010

^

Redenbacher

09-21-2010

I use Magic Pen Marks, MP regen/level Seals, CDR Glyphs, and Flat HP Quints.

I wouldn't set them up any other way.

Bumping every minute is generally frowned upon

Limited Edition

09-21-2010

Oh sorry, I'm sort of new to forums. Additionally, what's your skill build? I like to get Q and W and level E only once at the start.

Limited Edition

09-21-2010

Again, not too sure about my build.

Limited Edition

09-21-2010

^

bedroomeyez

09-21-2010

I go with magic pen marks because both madreds and W are both magic and should be your primary source of damage

full attack speed everything else because thats what I run on all ranged dps

you shouldnt be running into mana problems as AD/AS kog, cooldown on blue can be quite nice also.
Items i like to get are:

start with dorans + HP pot
zerk boots
madreds
starks
phage - > frozen mallet
quicksilver sash (most underated item evar)
last whisper/phantom dance

If you feel the game is dragging on, I like to sell zerks boots and get sorcs just for a bit of extra damage. This was before the fix to Q where you would have no trouble hitting the attack speed cap and i haven't tested it yet.

EDIT: I use 9/0/21 masteries

Redenbacher

09-22-2010

Quote:
Limited Edition:
Oh sorry, I'm sort of new to forums. Additionally, what's your skill build? I like to get Q and W and level E only once at the start.

In terms of masteries, 9/0/21 with a focus on cooldown reduction and mana regeneration.

For skill build, I grab W first for last-hitting minions out of harassment range, and then level E to 4 first, while evenly leveling Q and W, grabbing R whenever possible. Level 4 E + R = instant minion wave, Wolf camp, or Banshee camp, and this impressive farming leads to a much faster Madred's Bloodrazor. You want W maxed before you finish your Madred's Bloodrazor.

I start with Doran's Ring + HP Pot (Doran's Shield is also a fine choice, it's preference really). My first trip back I grab Madred's Razors and Level 1 boots, then go snag golem and get back in lane ASAP. You should be level 6, and now harassing with R. I turn boots in to Sorc Shoes, and grab Recurve Bow next, and then try to finish Madred's, and then Haunting Guise.

From there, if I need more Survivability it's either Banshee's or Frozen Hammer, and if not, Nashor's Tooth for more attack speed and huge CDR. You want W up as often as possible. The last item should the game go this far would be either Zhonya's Ring or Void Staff (Perhaps Lichbane - haven't tried it myself), after Nashor's, depending on if the enemy is stacking MR or not.

Why AP and Magic Penetration? Because it helps ALL of your powerful skill set and makes the most of everything Kog has to offer. Straight AD helps one skill, and your auito-attack.