Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2 possible solutions for leavers..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raifujin

09-21-2010

1. When one leaves, a new player can come in and substitute, and the leaver can NOT join back into game. There is a 5 min delay just in case leaver has some issues. (connection issues, had to restart computer....) Maybe the new player comes in with the average lvl of the game. Also, the player goes through the champion select, just by him/herself though. The lvl of the new player would be achieved by averaging teams lvls. 1000 gold for 1-14 min. 3000 gold given to player joining from 15 min +

Thoughts?

#edit bold is added
#edit deleted bot idea

Warscythes

09-21-2010

Sounds good.

Poster below is right, I do like the first option though.

Yogtheterrible

09-21-2010

A bot would be like a huge "gank me please, I can feed you" target.

Raifujin

09-21-2010

Quote:
Yogtheterrible:
A bot would be like a huge "gank me please, I can feed you" target.

yea sorry, forgot to put that into the topic.

Thats the only flaw i see with the bot subbing in, is feeding.

Yogtheterrible

09-21-2010

Plus nobody wants to enter a game that's already started. I think HoN did that and I hated it. Most of the time you ended up on a losing team with no way to turn it around.

XDisturbedX

09-21-2010

I strongly disagree with bots being added in place of the leaver. That champion would get focused and would just feed the other team.

I don't think anyone should be able to rejoin aside from the player who left or someone that invites a friend in.

Windish

09-21-2010

I wouldn't want to join a game where I'm replacing a leaver. There are a couple of issues of the top of my head with this. Champion Choice: does the new player take control of the leaver's champ? What if that player doesn't even know how to play that champ? If the new player can pick a new champ, how do you deal with level difference and gold?

Raifujin

09-21-2010

Quote:
Yogtheterrible:
Plus nobody wants to enter a game that's already started. I think HoN did that and I hated it. Most of the time you ended up on a losing team with no way to turn it around.

thats why maybe, when you join he game, you are at the average lvl of your teams lvl. Also, you start out with lets say 3000 gold if you join after the 15 min mark.
1000 gold before 15 min mark.

FAMOUSamosFAMOUS

09-21-2010

BOTS??? HORRIBLE!

Subsitutes? BAD! cuz how would that work? would he have the same char as before? wat if the guy before did real bad and the sub is stuck with a char thats behind?

IMO the best idea is when someone leaves, boost the rest of the teammates' stats

Raifujin

09-21-2010

Quote:
Windish:
I wouldn't want to join a game where I'm replacing a leaver. There are a couple of issues of the top of my head with this. Champion Choice: does the new player take control of the leaver's champ? What if that player doesn't even know how to play that champ? If the new player can pick a new champ, how do you deal with level difference and gold?

i already said that the player would be able to go through champion select.

The lvl difference and gold is explained in the post above.