Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungler woes, or "I am feeding until you gank"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Intentions

09-16-2012

WHY?!!!! Where do people get this mentality that junglers are their on call gankers for their lane? I do what I can, when I can, based on the situation. You have to watch one lane, I watch three and take care of my jungler. Just left a match with an AP mid Ezreal that died four times in a row to Varus and then started blaming me, Mundo Jungler, that my lack of ganks was causing him to die, and he was going to now feed until he got one. He ended up feediing twice more and we could never come back from those losses.

I of course reported him but man, some people. Mundo need hug

TeknoWizard

09-16-2012

It's kinda the fect that most people don't jungle, thus don't understand all that a jungler does.

Skilltestingman

09-16-2012

in an ideal world, a jungler isn't needed to keep lanes alive, only to get the kills

Friesguy

09-16-2012

The only time when I'm in lane and I'll kind of feel a jungler needs to gank is when I'm solo top against a duo top lane. Since I'm going 1 v 2 and farming is usually difficult in the situation, I'll often feel the jungler should gank my lane a few more times than the other lanes. This also is usually because duo tops push super hard and make it very easy to gank as well.

When I'm in other lanes, I'll tell the jungler the enemy is pushing hard, and my lane will be easy to gank, but I won't demand it per se. I understand the jungler needs their farm, and after a jungler ganks, I'm usually super cool with them taking some CS from me (they wasted valuable time ganking for me instead of getting necessary experience).

2zacky

09-16-2012

As a jungler myself I feel that people don't realize what your role truly is. Your job is to maintain the jungle. provide ganks (when possible), and provide a presence of fear on the map. What most people don't understand is that ganks don't usually come until 5-6 minutes into the game since the jungler needs to get his buffs, get lv4 (usually), maybe base for items, and then set up a gank. If you feed kills prior to that time period then one your just sad and really should be blaming the jungler and two realize what you are doing and stop doing it so you don't feed before your jungler can even help. Also if you want a gank don't push your lane to the enemey tower then complain saying "The jungler never ganked my lane".

Now then a note to junglers it is your job to provide map prescence and make the enemies feel unsafe around the map a good way of doing this is providing ganks whenever possible here is a good way to asses if a lane really needs a gank: Top=Mid>Bot (Why do i say this because top and mid snowball very easily and bottom is hard to gank), Weaker lanes> Stronger lanes (Even if the lane has feed a few kills to the enemy that doesn't mean that a gank can't a least scare off the enemy and deny them cs and exp).

Cheap0

09-16-2012

Quote:
2zacky:
As a jungler myself I feel that people don't realize what your role truly is. Your job is to maintain the jungle. provide ganks (when possible), and provide a presence of fear on the map. What most people don't understand is that ganks don't usually come until 5-6 minutes into the game since the jungler needs to get his buffs, get lv4 (usually), maybe base for items, and then set up a gank. If you feed kills prior to that time period then one your just sad and really should be blaming the jungler and two realize what you are doing and stop doing it so you don't feed before your jungler can even help. Also if you want a gank don't push your lane to the enemey tower then complain saying "The jungler never ganked my lane".

Now then a note to junglers it is your job to provide map prescence and make the enemies feel unsafe around the map a good way of doing this is providing ganks whenever possible here is a good way to asses if a lane really needs a gank: Top=Mid>Bot (Why do i say this because top and mid snowball very easily and bottom is hard to gank), Weaker lanes> Stronger lanes (Even if the lane has feed a few kills to the enemy that doesn't mean that a gank can't a least scare off the enemy and deny them cs and exp).

Even worse when you're playing a jungler with weak pre-6 ganks like Warwick or Malphite, and when they start crying about not receiving ganks super early, you have to explain that your time would be better spent farming the jungle so you can get to 6 and unleash your god-tier ganks.

Also, it's hilarious to see a Mordekaiser complain about getting ganked all the time and not receiving an equal number of ganks from his jungler (happened recently to me, though it was the enemy team). When I play Morgana, I expect to receive 0 ganks, even if I'm doing poorly.

Rykaal

09-16-2012

As jungler being my secondary role right now, I just hate people who say "Y U N0 GANK TOP" when I am clearly ganking another lane and they have it under control. when bottom is being pushed hard granting an almost guaranteed kill.

Pure Intentions

09-16-2012

Quote:
friesguy:
The only time when I'm in lane and I'll kind of feel a jungler needs to gank is when I'm solo top against a duo top lane. Since I'm going 1 v 2 and farming is usually difficult in the situation, I'll often feel the jungler should gank my lane a few more times than the other lanes. This also is usually because duo tops push super hard and make it very easy to gank as well.

When I'm in other lanes, I'll tell the jungler the enemy is pushing hard, and my lane will be easy to gank, but I won't demand it per se. I understand the jungler needs their farm, and after a jungler ganks, I'm usually super cool with them taking some CS from me (they wasted valuable time ganking for me instead of getting necessary experience).

More people need this mentality. And I could understand his plight, besides him stating he'll feed which is unacceptable, if their jungler had assisted in killing him. But he was losing in his lane to the rival mid champion who hadn't had any help. If you can't 1v1 your lane, ganks aren't the problem. They would be a temporary bandage on the real issue which is your playing skill.

PureGG

09-16-2012

Oh man I agree with you 100%... I once had a game where I was being blamed cuz bot was feeding.. he kept yelling at me everytime he died.. all I said to him was, "is it my lack of ganking that leads you to run into 2v1 situations?" And he follows up by calling me a scrub.. it makes me sad =(

Unholy Fenrir

09-16-2012

everytime im last to pick and it is always me picking jungle due to the fact i would prefer to not gimp my team and i quite enjoy jungle but when it comes to people wanting me to gank 3-4 minutes in and rage cause im either low on hp or want boots to catch people who already started with them but insist on blaming jungle time after time again on their deaths. duo bot needs gank, top needs gank more mid insists on a gank iswell what do, helping one over the other is going to put you in the bad books...