Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What a Carry should do

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkumaRook

09-21-2010

Does anyone have any advice on what a carry should do and how to build? I main Yi and Tryndamere and my games no matter how i play just seem random...sometimes i feel like an actually carry and think "Yeah my team could'nt win without me!" and sometimes even if i have a good score i feel like im just there. I was even able to win a 4v5 and achieve my very first penta kill! *I love Wuju Style*

So I need advice though...if a castor u should always target first as a carry gets Thornmail how can you counter it and make sure you have the dmg output and survivability to get the job done. One game a Miss Fortune i was totally dominating and keeping her locked down got Thornmail and I could'nt kill her anymore T_T. And then there i times as Yi i get focused first...Exhaust and Blind does'nt really affect me since i always keep Cleanse but when i get stunned 4 times in a row and cant do anything its discouraging =K

So what i wanna know is...if they counter me how should i counter them? If they run away in teamfights should i chase or switch targets...you think when they seperate my team would win but...nope does'nt work like that it seems =(.

Please give me any advice you might have, thanks in advance.

Xtchizobr

09-21-2010

Last Whisper has 40% Armor Penetration

the reflected damage from Thornmail is "magical", and is reduced by Magic Resistance.

Thornmail is supposed to be an effective counter to melee physical dps like Master Yi.

AkumaRook

09-21-2010

but even with Last Whisper i would still kill myself would'nt i? i dont care if it hurts me i just dont want to kill myself by hitting someone 3 times >_> so is there a way to reduce the returned dmg done?

BustnHosDwn

09-21-2010

Quote:
Xtchizobr:
Last Whisper has 40% Armor Penetration

the reflected damage from Thornmail is "magical", and is reduced by Magic Resistance.

Thornmail is supposed to be an effective counter to melee physical dps like Master Yi.

yes you can reduce returned dmg by getting magic resistance

Xtchizobr

09-21-2010

Quote:
Xtchizobr:

reading comprehension, much?

AkumaRook

09-21-2010

thx...what item that gives magic resistance is most recommended to counter thornmail?

StyrTW

09-21-2010

Banshees, GA

Enemies hate seeing those pretty auras on you.

Eviant

09-21-2010

Don't forget that this is a team game. If MF gets Thornmail, see if your Annie/Veig/Any Caster can target her, Or have Morg toss on Black Shield/Soraka or Taric heal you ect. There are many ways around thornmail, and Asking for help is possibly the most effective way.

As for Chasing, do it only if your target has two hits left, or you guys have entered Clean-up phase of Team fighting. Otherwise, stay with your team, as you could be more effeciant in taking out the rest. Don't forget that letting one go to help your team take 2+ is alot better. It could give you that tower, score a quadra kill, or the team fight, if that's all you needed.

AkumaRook

09-21-2010

Quote:
Eviant:
Don't forget that this is a team game. If MF gets Thornmail, see if your Annie/Veig/Any Caster can target her, Or have Morg toss on Black Shield/Soraka or Taric heal you ect. There are many ways around thornmail, and Asking for help is possibly the most effective way.

As for Chasing, do it only if your target has two hits left, or you guys have entered Clean-up phase of Team fighting. Otherwise, stay with your team, as you could be more effeciant in taking out the rest. Don't forget that letting one go to help your team take 2+ is alot better. It could give you that tower, score a quadra kill, or the team fight, if that's all you needed.

Thanks for the input...but I did'nt have a caster that game and my whole team was raging at me cuz my build is "trash" and i kill stealed them to much =l 1 of em ended up leaving and i went 17-5-X that game...=K

Also an Ashe was able to kill MF without any Magic Res...so im wondering does Thornmail only effect fast DPSers or every1 that uses AD? cuz i remember when i was Tryndamere i 2shotted a Twitch with Thornmail and when i died in the teamfight it did 233dmg to me...but as a Yi it did 800+dmg...item is so confusing x-x

and they had Sona btw...so if i chased her there Mord and Eve would just target me =( Sona is fast...

bI1tz

09-21-2010

Get lifesteal, if you get a fully stacked Bloodthirster, you should only take 5% of the dmg you deal to the the target reflected back to you, and that's further reduced by your magic resistance.