Lookin' for pointers on playing a few characters on Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corsair114

09-16-2012

Hiya folks. I've picked and been playing a few characters on Twisted Treeline and, well, I'm lookin' for tips and tricks on playin' them better. Two I have zero games with, two I have the majority of my games with, and then there's that lovable Veigar (but we'll get to him last).

Okay, so, the two I play by far the most:

Kayle

I usually do pretty well with her, kiting, slashing, and mostly hauling arse around the map and making people invulnerable with her. Given that I tend to see lots of tanks and bruisers, it often seems really easy just kite to my heart's content (Darius-free week was a riot, pardon the pun).

All that said, I'm really not 100% certain whether I should try and get a lane to myself to farm, or find someone to buddy up, maybe, top with a tank? Kayle's fast, but she seems really squishy, which seems to become a problem later on when the CC is fast/tough enough to blitz. I also seem to have a really hard time in teamfight scenarios, and don't know who I should be looking for as characters to pair with (recent experience seems to indicate Mordekaisers are nice to have around).

Shen

That character everyone seems to ask for when I let 'em know I've I got experience (and mastery and rune pages) for him and Kayle. See, about the only thing I seem to get right is following our squishy-damage dealing guy around and trying to smack whatever he wants a piece of. Y'know, Q them, E them, bubble if they decide to attack me, port to my other teammate when the other team thinks they've got him setup for a gank. By the way, does Riot know how mechanically powerful that Ult is, or at least, seems to be?

Anyway, with Shen, I've no idea what to do for items, other than maybe health and more health. Is Warmogs any good for him? Should I be out jungling instead of baby sitting (y'know, feeding our Yi easy last hits on minions, as an example)? Runes, items, masteries, any help is appreciated.

Alistair and Tristanna

No idea. Should I be jungling and building AP for Alistair? Maybe? No idea what to do with Tristanna.

Yes, he's really evil, honest: Veigar

Okay, given the size of Treeline, length of games, and Veigar's clear dependence on farm (oh so much), is he at all viable on TT? If so, how in the heck do I make him work? Mind, I'm not really expecting him to be (especially in blind picks), but, if he is, how?

-Bonus-

With a name like Corsair, you wouldn't expect me NOT to pick him up, right? Gangplank

First champ I played, I'll get him at some point, but what should I be looking to do with him on TT/what items should I be going for?

Thanks for any help you fine folks can give me. I know solo/unranked isn't exactly the easiest way to play (what with there being a very real chance the opposing team will unintentionally hard-counter you), but I'd like to be able to help my team as much as possible. If the above is unclear, lemme know, and I'll clean it up. It's 5:40 AM and I'm kinda sleepy.

NBA

09-16-2012

kayle should be a solo lane, shen should be solo lane, core items for shen : Aegis, Randuins, Frozen Heart. Warmog is great on shen only if you have 2 carries that are fed and building damage, if not just pick up randuins or frozen mallet.

veigar? not viable. talon/cho/panth/akali will be the end of that.

GP is good but is out classed by alot of champs now. build depends on your game situation, if ur winning build damage, if ur losing build tanky.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdering View Post
kayle should be a solo lane, shen should be solo lane, core items for shen : Aegis, randuins, frozen heart. Warmog is great on shen only if you have 2 carries that are fed and building damage, if not just pick up randuins or frozen mallet.

Veigar? Not viable. Talon/cho/panth/akali will be the end of that.

Gp is good but is out classed by alot of champs now. Build depends on your game situation, if ur winning build damage, if ur losing build tanky.
vigar not viagble lol you make me laugh

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Lixa. He is right at the bottom of your tier list. Wtf are you talking about?

NBA

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
Lixa. He is right at the bottom of your tier list. Wtf are you talking about?

dont even bother with him lol

Corsair114

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
vigar not viagble lol you make me laugh
Ha. Fair enough, I guess he just doesn't have oompf to matter early on and by the time he's he's really grown, everyone's already finished and gone home.

/end innuendo

Thanks for the tips, folks, keep 'em comin'!

(Okay, so I lied about the innuendo)

Sam

09-16-2012

Shen

That character everyone seems to ask for when I let 'em know I've I got experience (and mastery and rune pages) for him and Kayle. See, about the only thing I seem to get right is following our squishy-damage dealing guy around and trying to smack whatever he wants a piece of. Y'know, Q them, E them, bubble if they decide to attack me, port to my other teammate when the other team thinks they've got him setup for a gank. By the way, does Riot know how mechanically powerful that Ult is, or at least, seems to be?

Anyway, with Shen, I've no idea what to do for items, other than maybe health and more health. Is Warmogs any good for him? Should I be out jungling instead of baby sitting (y'know, feeding our Yi easy last hits on minions, as an example)? Runes, items, masteries, any help is appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For masteries : 9/21/0 Best Bet.
Runes : MagiC Pen Reds
Armor Yellows
MR per level Blues
Quints, all depends on the match up, if they are strong/agressive AD, i prefer Armor quints. I think you get the point

Items : Boots +3 Pots + HoG
Follow up by items maybe from : Phage or Aegis