Is Galio fun?(other tank suggestions welcome)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

09-21-2010

I've been a tank player for months and although I love my current main nasus I've been wanting to move onto another tank that can offer me some variety. Galio has caught my eye but I'm not really sure if he is going to be fun for me to play as(I missed his free week due to school work overload). I've found nasus to be good vs the dps teams and I want to know if Galio is A. fun and B. able to handle teams that aren't just mages.

other characters I've used and liked: Nasus, Amumu, Morde(ap/pen builds), Gragas, Singed, Nidalee, and Kennen.(not really looking, at shen...just never felt fun to me /should have included in first posts)

tl:dr(or to confused...sorry if I have done that) need a fun tank to move on after Nasus and was wondering if Galio was fun and effective, and if not someone could recomend me another tank

EDIT: thanks for all the quick responses(great community )

SwatNigglet

09-21-2010

Galio is fun but cannot initiate. He is more of an pff-tank. If you can ult correctly with him, you will probably will that battle

Nazzet

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat****let View Post
Galio is fun but cannot initiate. He is more of an pff-tank. If you can ult correctly with him, you will probably will that battle
Really?
I think his Ult initiate very well.

alsowikk

09-21-2010

Well I kind of need a main tank...and I should have said that but I can rarely find other tank players to fill the main tank slot and no one I know will touch a tank (so I need to main tank what feels like 99% of the time)

Kaaosa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Rammus is still my favorite tank. Galio is like a weaker, MR version of Rammus imo

SwatNigglet

09-21-2010

Galio has a ebtter ult then rammus, but it cannot initiate with it.

Rammus is a very good tank. Easy to use and amazing survivability with DBC. His taunt is a very good one too. His powerball is amazing for escaping/chasing and initiating.

Shen does not rely on mana, big plus. His taunt is AOE and can go through walls. His feint is a good early game shield that can save you from an ignite or a single spell. his Vorpal blade heals and is a minor nuke. His ult is game changing

Dwarfling

09-21-2010

Yes, Galio is fun. I kind of prefer to play him over Amumu even if he's not as good. You have two skill shots, the shield requires timing, Q requires leading. You also have easy mode farming with E+Q so you always have monies for items and can focus on other stuff that isn't last hitting.

MindFraktur

09-21-2010

Galio is pretty sweet, just be careful for YI

GalaxyHero

09-21-2010

People love him on the European servers. Play him and tell me why.

Yogtheterrible

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzet View Post
Really?
I think his Ult initiate very well.
His ult is definitely not good for initiation. You need to wait until the middle of battle to use it unless everyone will use one of the many and various ways of getting out of it. Wait and you have a chance of getting them to stay there. I think his best initiation is to put your W on someone and let them initiate.

At the moment I think he's pretty good against AP heavy teams but other than that he's kind of lackluster. He needs a buff.