Now that AP Rengar is getting nerfed, what's your new strategy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeyonceKnowles

09-16-2012

If you think AP Rengar is gimmicky and useless, we should just agree to disagree and don't post in this thread.

Back to topic, right now, I usually build:

Boots + 3 Pot > Kage > DFG > Sorc Boots > Deathcap > Void Staff or Zhonya > Lich Bane > Situational Item (GA/Abyssal/Etc)

Runes: 9 Red Flat MPen, 9 Yellow Flat Armor, 9 Blue MR/Lvl, 3 Gold Flat AP

I recently changed from Ignite/Flash to Ignite/Ghost

It's been pretty successful

What do you guys build and how would you change it now that his roar will be ~20% weaker (not counting the base)? Are you changing your build or just different strategy?

Im thinking that instead of assasinating a squishy ADC/APC 1v1, the new Rengar should stay in teamfights but come in 1-2 seconds after someone initiated using his ult + Double Roar once the initial pokes from both teams are done.

Instead of *****ing about the nerf and read how useless Rengar is on the forums, I figured Id just deal with it and ask you guys what you think

BeyonceKnowles

09-18-2012

Bump

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Its hard to say without playing him but Im pretty excited about the changes actually. Alot of them i feel are going to make him fill the bursty assassin role better now. Plus i can still see him filling an offtankish jungle role. I feel like any assassin should wait to jump in until after initiation though.

Give the enemy carry enough time to feel like they are safely position and then pounce. They will have to kite or someone will have to peel for them. If you don't have to blow your ulti on the initiate then it could b a great disengage for him too. Allowing you to reposition yourself safely and start your rotation again

SN Luketwo

09-19-2012

Well E procs lich bane. I lost a.4 ratio for a 1 ratio im k with that.

BeyonceKnowles

09-20-2012

Well it's on live and Im doing pretty well. The .2 nerf wasnt as bad as I thought. The speed boost on the ult and instacast W makes up for it. I really didnt feel the damage icnrease from Bola yet cuz I suually buy Lich Bane as my 5th item