For funsies, develop a Champion kit for Link from Legend of Zelda

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youso1337

10-12-2012

What can I say? I've got Zelda on the brain right now, and just for some fun, I'd like to see what kinds of Champion kits people come together with for Link.

I'd develop him as a melee fighter with lots of ranged and melee combat capabilities in the form of his various tools, giving him flexibility in fights. He'd be a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none kind of character.
(Note that I'm thinking this kit up in a matter of minutes, not with serious thought.)

For clarity, I'm going with adult Link, not kid Link. You can make a kid Link, though, if you wish.

Quote:
Link, the Hylian Hero

Passive - Blood of Heroes: Link takes X% reduced damage from all non-tower attacks and and Y% reduced damage from abilities.

Q - Spin Slash: Link spins his sword in a circle, dealing physical to all nearby enemies. Deals double damage to Champions. Scales off Link's AD. Can be cast while moving.

W - Magic Boomerang: Link throws a boomerang in target direction that physically damages all enemies it passes through, though each subsequent enemy takes less damage. If it strikes an enemy Champion, the boomerang will immediately reverse direction and return to Link. Upon returning, if the boomerang struck an enemy Champion, the cooldown is reduced by half of its base amount.

E - Hookshot: Link fires his hookshot at target enemy, physically damaging it and pulling it to him. The target is then slowed for a few seconds afterwards. Direct-target spell, but only medium-ranged. Scales off Link's bonus AD.

R - Triforce Strike: Passively adds flat true damage to Link's basic attacks. When activated, Link dashes to an enemy Champion and delivers a series of divine slashes, suppressing the target for 1.5 seconds and dealing true damage. Scales off Link's AP.
So, do you think you'd play this kit?

***Riot will not actually add Link to League of Legends due to copyright issues. Humor the idea and just do this for fun.***

Randomguy175

10-12-2012

I know i know

Q - Nuke
W- Shield
E- Gap Closer
R- Steroid

uyhou

10-12-2012

fake and gay

IRLWombRaider

10-12-2012

WDF why you no blink finishing blow?

HailSing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Here is my version

Link, the Hooligan Hero

Passive - Troll shield: Link has X% chance of blocking an incoming attack/spell/turret hits. Like panth's passive but the % chance scales with AD

Q - Spin Slash: Link spins his sword in a circle, dealing physical to all nearby enemies. It is possible to hold the skill button down to charge it, while charging, link cannot attack (like Varus charge shot)

W - Dash Boot (aka bum rush): Link can charge this skill. the longer he holds it down, the faster/further/damaging the skill becomes.

E - Burning Deku stick: Links attacks passively sets people on fire. People who are on fire have their armor and resistances reduced but gains movement speed and sets nearby enemy champions on fire as well.

R - Rooster outcast: Link summons a flock of chickens to attack target enemy champion. the amount of Roosters scales with the number of hit points Link is missing combined with the amount of hit points enemy is missing.

Gløry

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youso1337 View Post
What can I say? I've got Zelda on the brain right now, and just for some fun, I'd like to see what kinds of Champion kits people come together with for Link.

I'd develop him as a melee fighter with lots of ranged and melee combat capabilities in the form of his various tools, giving him flexibility in fights. He'd be a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none kind of character.
(Note that I'm thinking this kit up in a matter of minutes, not with serious thought.)

For clarity, I'm going with adult Link, not kid Link. You can make a kid Link, though, if you wish.

So, do you think you'd play this kit?

***Riot will not actually add Link to League of Legends due to copyright issues. Humor the idea and just do this for fun.***
jack of all trades types just create huge balance headaches. See: Irelia.

When I see this hero I just see Blitz + Irelia + WW, but better than all of them because it takes all of the things that are good about them and puts them into one hero. And then a flat dmg reduction passive cuz why not. Dislike.

Passive: Triforce of Courage. When Link takes more than 25%(or whatever) of his max HP in damage in under x seconds, he blinks red (like in the videogames) for y duration, probably 1-2 seconds. While blinking, Link is immune to all damage. Classic old school videogame implementation to keep you from getting constantly spammed with damage and dying. Here, turned into a tanking tool. Maybe a 30 second or a minute CD here, and tower damage does not trigger it. Or maybe it does. Idk.

Q: Z-target. Target an enemy to engage. Movement commands now cause link to move in relation to that enemy, keeping them in front of him, basically circle strafing around them. Link gets a small movespeed buff while he has an enemy targeted. Gives vision of the target for a long range. When attacking your targeted enemy, every fourth attack will be a jumping, gapclosing slash (think rengar). bonus damage to your target. While not moving or attacking, assume a defensive stance and block all attacks from in front of you(maybe not towers...). longish CD, so you have to pick one target at a time. Basically if you Z target someone you can stick to them pretty well. But if they're too far away you can plant yourself and tank lots of damage, say in a late game siege situation. Of course it only works while Z targeting, which will only last so long and will have a long cooldown, so you can't just press S to not die whenever you want. Although I certainly wouldn't towerdive this guy.

W: The downstab. Basically a gap closer. Leap to a location while downstabbing, if you land on an enemy champion, your next spin attack receives 20% of its charge immediately.

E: think pick-a-card, but with arrows.Ice arrow roots for a short duration, fire arrow is a DoT and a longer duration slow, light arrow penetrates and does the most damage.

R: Spin attack: The idea here is that you hold down R for a certain amount of time(up to a point), and then release it. The longer you held it down, the stronger the attack, and the faster you move while spinning. While charging, however, you move more slowly. Maybe work in taking less damage while charging, and if you're stunned, you unleash whatever you have automatically. Cooldown and damage scale with how long you charge it. So you can do the quick taps for skirmishes, or charge up the big one for team fight obliteration.

Basically he's a really sticky melee character, could be either a tank or a melee carry, depending on the scaling numbers for his Q and R and how much damage reduction he'd have during his R. Basically he gets in there, stays on his target, and does work. HYYAAHHHH

HailSing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

you are missing the raging chickens!

Strawberrycocoa

10-12-2012

I see Garen, Sivir, Blitzcrank, and Fiora all merged into one glorious champion.

I want.

69183swag

10-12-2012

Passive
Weapons Master
Each time Link changes weapons he gains increased attack speed and attack damage for a period of time
Q
Master Sword
Link brings out his Master Sword and does a spinning attack that does deals damage. (Just like Trynd) In Master Sword form Link has an increased chance for critical strikes
W
Boomerang
Link throws his boomerang in an arch shaped skill shot cone that stuns all all enemy champions hit for X seconds.
In Boomerang from Link's attacks become ranged
E
Shield
Link puts up his shield protecting him from X amount of health and gains increased movement speed
In Shield from Link's basic attack slow an enemy champion hit.(would work like Naut's)
R
Triforce
Link harnesses the energy of the Triforce and gains X amount of health, double his passive bonus and stuns all enemies surrounding him. Link attacks in the form he was last in.

Kind of like Jayce, idk if this is OP or not but because Link has so many weapons I think its a cool idea.

KiStorm

10-12-2012

Link lowers to the ground (w) with his shield steady, blocking all directional attacks for 5 seconds whilst moving at 50% speed.

Link slashes out twice with his sword (Q), can be activated a 3rd time at double the mana cost for a leaping attack, plunging his sword into the ground causing a 50% slow for 2 seconds and dealing heavy damage.

Link throws a bomb. (e)

ULTIMATE.

Link charges up a devastating boomerang throw, dealing heavy damage on impact, those hit by his boomerang will be either knocked back or towards him, depending on whether struck on the outwards path of the projectile, or return path.

Enemies hit twice will take double damage on the boomerang's returning path and enemies struck by the returning boomerang are also briefly stunned.

Passive: Hyrulian might; Link will gain 10 bonus attack damage for each bonus 50 attack damage, and 5 bonus armor and magic resist from each 25 points of each. Does not stack with itself.

Edit: Purchasing Trinity force will make link glow, and possibly cause law suits.