Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should this happen?

Hell yeah! 1166 73.43%
No :[ 422 26.57%
Voters 1588 .

My Little Hecarim Skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMan

Recruiter

09-17-2012

Quote:
Exdeadman:
Now all we need to do is re-suggest this, except eliminating any mention of bronies or MLP, and it will suddenly get a lot more support unless those people already read this thread.

Exactly!

Nasulril

09-18-2012

Ok, so I was thinking about this, and I believe I may have a compromise suggestion.

First, there should be no mention of the word "pony" with the skin, for his ult the spectral horses should be copies of him (not more pony-ish looking) and there shouldn't be any significant stamp/brand/mark on him.

However, he would still have a brighter color theme, rainbows would still be a key visual in his effects, and modified voice effects would be fitting.

The idea is "Spectrum Hecarim"
It would make Taric a little happy in his pants.

Two routes, as far the character model goes. Either work off the current Blood Knight skin, keeping the white body and work on modifying the armor to appear like clear crystalline prisms, or build from the ground up so the entire centaur appears to be make of crystal/prisms with glow fluctuating through the color wheel in a steady pattern.
I wouldn't say have any rainbows stamped on the character or his armor when at rest, but put it into play when he uses his abilites.
Have his Q create a spinning rainbow "blur" effect. (of course red on the outside edge as it's moving faster and the middle of his polearm is rotating slower)
Instead of a plain red circle, enemies and friends alike see the outline of his W as a color wheel, going red-orange-yellow-green-blue-purple-red and blurring between.
E doesn't offer a good effect option without what would probably be a lot of a programming pain.
R, naturally would create a literal rainbow of spectral copies of himself.

I would think this could satisfy fans of My Little Pony while offering a twist that at the same time keeps it seperate from the series specifically, and could offer plenty of appeal to any player of the Centaur.

Drakon7

09-18-2012

Okay. Wow. So much hate.

Let me just say this:

I play Hecarim. I am NOT a Brony.

That being said. I would love it if Hec had such a whimsical skin. As long as they didn't go too far with it!

THe only problems I have wiht it is: The 'rainbow trail' because it could easily reveal which way you went unless done well.

And his ult. Keep the fear faces and the ghost knights. Just make them rainbow colored.

Hec's current skins are pretty bad. I would like to have one that I would actually use occasionally. This is one I woud play with.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

09-18-2012

Nasulril, exactly what I'm looking for. Fancy recolor, doesn't need to specifically say anything about ponies.

And yes, Taric probably would be jealous XD

IS192bf43c977e3f2621b4a

09-18-2012

Riot if you like money make this skin and make it legendary.
Despite the fact i dislike Brownies (i dont hate the show just the community) and id dislike this skin.
Fact is tons of people who'd buy it.

Sunsoft

09-18-2012

Its kind of hilarious how much "Bronies" try to shove their show down people's throats. People who take that show seriously need to get over their Peter Pan Syndrome. It was okay at first, now it's just kind of pathetic and annoying. Just because you like the show doesn't mean it needs to be placed in every single aspect of your life, ESPECIALLY other sources of entertainment that aren't even related to the show.

CourageousCashew

09-18-2012

I want this. I want it now.

stickmantattoo

09-18-2012

First time ever wanting to post on the forums because this idea is that awesome

MrMan

Recruiter

09-18-2012

Quote:
Darkheim32:
I want this. I want it now.

Hell Yeah!

MrMan

Recruiter

09-18-2012

Quote:
stickmantattoo:
First time ever wanting to post on the forums because this idea is that awesome

Thanks for your support!