Should this happen?

Hell yeah! 1,164 73.39%
No :[ 422 26.61%
Voters: 1586. You may not vote on this poll

My Little Hecarim Skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saphra20

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightails View Post
Dusk: LoL community thats brony: PLZ MAKE THIS HORSE CHAMPION HAVE A RAINBOW DASH SKIN
Dusk: LoL community that isn't a brony: Gays.
Dusk: Few intellligent people: Not a good idea cuz' brony groups that hate people who aren't bronys will come and begin to hate upon those other people
Dusk: Some people: no

Ummm what did you just say. I don't even...

Well about the idea for the skin, I think its an awesome idea, you get my upvote.

MrMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphra20 View Post
Ummm what did you just say. I don't even...

Well about the idea for the skin, I think its an awesome idea, you get my upvote.
Thanks man! We need more support to make this happen

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightails View Post
Few intellligent people: Not a good idea cuz' brony groups that hate people who aren't bronys will come and begin to hate upon those other people
You mean like the people who play Teemo specifically because everyone hates Teemo?

Okay, that's not a perfect example. Perhaps I should take this from a different angle; not everyone likes everything Riot does with champions and skins. Rather, the champions and skins they release will always have a certain appeal to large niches in the community.

I do understand where you're coming from though, there would be stress in the community over this, even if it is a trivial thing on a champion that's not as frequently seen as some. I just don't see how this would be much different (besides the "*** sells" bit) from what was said about BB Riven, or Ahri's release.

MrRado

09-16-2012

I don't think I can describe how horrified I would be to see any such skin implemented.

MrMan

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALE Radiate View Post
I don't think I can describe how horrified I would be to see any such skin implemented.
Why? How does this affect you in any way? You just wouldn't buy the skin.

Omnifacetious

09-16-2012

Hate ponies. Love this idea. It should be done.
When a pony hater like me says that this should be done, YOU KNOW IT IS A BOSS IDEA.

Resther

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
Why? How does this affect you in any way? You just wouldn't buy the skin.
Players who aren't Bronies/MLP Fans would be forced to see the skin in-game, weather they like it or not. It's pretty easy to figure out honestly.

I personally don't care for the show, but I do like Hecarim as a champion. I wouldn't want the show's influence flooding into a game I enjoy. It's going to cause rage and spread hatred across the playerbase, and for that reason, is a terrible idea. The ONLY way it would be acceptable as a skin, is if they change any cutesyness to creepy and sinister-looking alternatives, but still make it look relatable to the show.

What I mean is, keep Hecarim's design similar, but make the colors more closely related to the show. Kind of like Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. Yes, he's decked out in pastels, and pretty colors, but one look at the splash art for that skin, and you just know he's creepy as ****, regardless. That's what would need to happen with an MLP skin for Hecarim. Keep it creepy, but make it so fans of the show can still be content with it.

On a related note,
the main issue I have with MLP fans is exactly this. They try to push their likes off on others, or get it into games they play, and quite honestly I find it to be extremely rude. There's people out there who like the game as is, without ponies involved. Please stop trying to push them on us non-fans, and game developers. I can understand that everyone likes what they like, but there's a line that needs to not be crossed. Pushing for this to be added into the game is crossing that line...

MrMan

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resther View Post
Players who aren't Bronies/MLP Fans would be forced to see the skin in-game, weather they like it or not. It's pretty easy to figure out honestly.

I personally don't care for the show, but I do like Hecarim as a champion. I wouldn't want the show's influence flooding into a game I enjoy. It's going to cause rage and spread hatred across the playerbase, and for that reason, is a terrible idea. The ONLY way it would be acceptable as a skin, is if they change any cutesyness to creepy and sinister-looking alternatives, but still make it look relatable to the show.

What I mean is, keep Hecarim's design similar, but make the colors more closely related to the show. Kind of like Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. Yes, he's decked out in pastels, and pretty colors, but one look at the splash art for that skin, and you just know he's creepy as ****, regardless. That's what would need to happen with an MLP skin for Hecarim. Keep it creepy, but make it so fans of the show can still be content with it.

On a related note,
the main issue I have with MLP fans is exactly this. They try to push their likes off on others, or get it into games they play, and quite honestly I find it to be extremely rude. There's people out there who like the game as is, without ponies involved. Please stop trying to push them on us non-fans, and game developers. I can understand that everyone likes what they like, but there's a line that needs to not be crossed. Pushing for this to be added into the game is crossing that line...
Listen I'm not shoving MLP down your throat, I'm just saying that this would be an awesome skin and that It would make a lot of players happy

MrMan

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Crush...Kill...Destroy...Swag...Crush...Kill...Des troy...Swag
Rainbow Bot Hecarim would be 20% cooler

Mysterage

09-16-2012

No, fanboy. Go DIAF. Hecarim is badass; ponies are not.