Miss Fortune's Ultimate Math

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

djpeanutbutter

09-21-2010

Let me start off by saying this is not exactly a QQ thread. During the practice games I have been in so far and I have not come across too many Miss Fortunes yet. However, being free Miss Fortune week, I have noticed the massive amount of damage her ult does...

Anyhow onto the analysis...
The ult description is just taken from the LoL wikia(http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Fortune):

Bullet Time
(Active): Miss Fortune channels a barrage of bullets into a cone in front of her for 2 seconds, dealing damage plus the higher value between 20% of her ability power or 45% of her bonus attack damage as magic damage per bullet.
Cooldown: 120 / 110 / 100 seconds
Magic Damage: 60 / 85 / 110 (+0.45 per damage OR +0.20 per ability power)
* Cost: 150 mana
* Range: 1570 (estimate)

As far as I can count, there are 8 waves of bullets channeled throughout the entire spell. This would make the base magic damage 110*8 = 880 magic damage. I cannot think of another carries ultimate who comes close to doing this much damage (except maybe Twitch, who, quite frankly, is not a big deal without an Infinity Edge). Her ultimate's +bonus damage makes it so that going AD or AP would be viable. I am going to assume that the +.45 damage is applying only to bonus damage, instead of total damage. I will be using 150 bonus damage as a baseline..

This is how I am calculating her ult'ss damage potential. I am multiplying .45 by the bonus damage, then adding the 110 base damage, then multiplying by 8.
((110+(.45*150))*8)=1420dmg

Going by AP, I will be using 250 AP as a baseline.
And by calculating it the same way...
((110+(.2*250))*8)=1280dmg

Even with a 50% resistance to magic damage, her ult will still be hitting for 710 and 640 respectively. Sure you can step out of it or stun her from channeling, but by that time you will already have taken 3-4 hits, meaning it was already as effective as any other champions ult, quadruple the effectiveness if against squishies if completely channeled. Her ult's range (1570), also allows her to stay far away from the enemy team and afterwards still be an asset to the team by resuming the role of a ranged dps. Fiddle's ult requires him to run like an idiot next to the enemy team for 5 whole seconds, either draining for dear life or using Zhonya's to live for 2 seconds longer, and then gtfo or give the enemy free gold.

Although I'm only a Junior Member and Level 10 (?), I feel like I'm entitled to some opinions. Here's some of my suggestions:
- Make her ult channel before firing, similar to Nunu's. The channel will be 2.5 seconds.
- Slow her ult down by making the channel last 4 seconds instead of 2.
- Lower the damage down to... 45/65/85 + (.2 per damage or .1 per ability power)
EDIT: - I didn't even think of the most obvious answer... reduce the range on it. Make it similar to Twitch's range and everything might just be peachy.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment, tell me to L2P, or correct me on my math.

Aaaaand here's the obligatory TL;DR
Buff Fiddlesticks! He's an R-bot.

Edit: Inb4 Ultimate Math!

Unr3alAnGeR

09-21-2010

Yeah her ult needs a nerf.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

You forgot the part where your garen ran right up to her face so he ate all the bullets for 2 damage each then silenced her

Coxxy

09-21-2010

Her ult feels Global too me, God its so ****ing long.

inb4 thats what she said.

*sigh*

Wolfie

09-21-2010

You forgot the part where it goes through the formula of magic resist........8 times..........yeah.

Kallistosh

09-21-2010

If you sit there in her bullets rather then moving 2 steps to the left or right then you deserve to die.

GaliotheGargoyle

09-21-2010

yeah, i mean, it honestly wouldn't be too much of a problem, expect that sona and mumu are in every game with her which = full ult duration :\

SlyGoat

09-21-2010

Level 10 junior member has more sense than the majority of the LoL playerbase. I lold at the lack of MF nerfs this patch.

Warscythes

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
You forgot the part where your garen ran right up to her face so he ate all the bullets for 2 damage each then silenced her
This, because I do this all the time, and not on purpose too. I just want to kill her.

RelaxingBrownies

09-21-2010

Nunu's does like 1350 base, yes its harder to get off, but it has higher reward,

maybe a slight range nerf (slight)