Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kill Stealing intentional or not.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkumaRook

09-21-2010

Killsteals means nothing to me...if its dead im happy

Jubmania

09-21-2010

Quote:
Sabyn:
I was playing Pantheon when the MF on our team was mopping up some creeps in bottom lane, solo (mid-late game and towers were gone). She was at half health when a crazy-geared enemy xin with 200+ minion kills ran out of the bushes to attack her. I felt pretty confident she was going to die so I ulti'ed in when xin was about 60% health and saved her ass with a stun and spear combo. I ended up getting the last hit and she starts raging at me for kill stealing, because SHE was the carry and deserved the kills. (uh, I'm a phys carry too, hello? And am I not supposed to help you when you're in danger?). Kill stealing is a stupid, stupid concept. As long as your team is getting stronger, it's a win in my book.

So MF just won't shut up about it for a good 5-10 minutes and I'm getting sick of it. Later we're both in mid - I'm by our outer tower and she's by their inner tower, alone once again. She starts fighting 1v2, probably thinking we're all close enough to rush in and save her, but we just watch her die instead. "Didn't wanna steal your kills," I said. It was petty, but wonderfully satisfying.

Sounds like he got what he deserved. lol

I love it when my teammate is playing Teemo (I think Teemo is the one with mushrooms) and gets the kill mainly because the enemy fled into a mushroom. I laugh every time. =D

LegendReborn

09-21-2010

If you didn't assist you just lost 70% extra gold. It's that simple. If there are two people killing one person and you get the kill (Oh no) then your partner still gets alot of gold.

Darkenspirit

09-21-2010

Im glad to hear the rest of the community is onboard with the whole, who cares who dies and why as long as we win and doing the right thing.

I thought it mattered as I got higher ELO but it seems like it doesnt.

I shall continue to carry as hard as I can then

Viscule

09-21-2010

Quote:
Jacarr:
It's actually better to kill steal. There, I said it. You'll get the kill gold and they'll get the assist gold thereby furthering two people. Where if you just let them finish it, they'll get the kill gold and no one else gets anything.

That.

LegendReborn

09-21-2010

I mean if there was an enemy on a 6 kill streak and you had the luxury of giving the kill to the carry then by all means do it but most of the time that isn't an option in a giant group battle so if he's dead, he's dead.

SilverChrono

09-21-2010

Well EVERYONE deserves some **** gold off a kill, but usually the 'carry' is supposed to net them all. But that doesn't mean that someone should moan about "KS KS!!" because it's a team game. If you think they're going to escape, I'd slice the enemy hero's head off rather than let him blue pill.

Btw, that Xin Zhao is a moron. lol

SilverChrono

09-21-2010

Quote:
Sabyn:
I was playing Pantheon when the MF on our team was mopping up some creeps in bottom lane, solo (mid-late game and towers were gone). She was at half health when a crazy-geared enemy xin with 200+ minion kills ran out of the bushes to attack her. I felt pretty confident she was going to die so I ulti'ed in when xin was about 60% health and saved her ass with a stun and spear combo. I ended up getting the last hit and she starts raging at me for kill stealing, because SHE was the carry and deserved the kills. (uh, I'm a phys carry too, hello? And am I not supposed to help you when you're in danger?). Kill stealing is a stupid, stupid concept. As long as your team is getting stronger, it's a win in my book.

So MF just won't shut up about it for a good 5-10 minutes and I'm getting sick of it. Later we're both in mid - I'm by our outer tower and she's by their inner tower, alone once again. She starts fighting 1v2, probably thinking we're all close enough to rush in and save her, but we just watch her die instead. "Didn't wanna steal your kills," I said. It was petty, but wonderfully satisfying.

Win answer to me.

JohnnyGo

09-21-2010

Think about it this way. If they escaped and you did nothing, it would be all your fault also. People who ***** about KSing are just idiots and should be ignored