Kill Stealing intentional or not.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

If there is a chance the enemy could get away, take them down instead of worrying about who should get the kill.

With the summoner spells and abilities that can aid in escape, its good to play it safe even if that looks like a KS.

Adelle

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacarr View Post
It's actually better to kill steal. There, I said it. You'll get the kill gold and they'll get the assist gold thereby furthering two people. Where if you just let them finish it, they'll get the kill gold and no one else gets anything.
Except most of the time you get the assist anyway and it's better for the carries to get the 100% value of the gold.

As previously mentioned it's fine to kill when it's not certain. But then that isn't a kill steal, that is just doing your job of killing enemy champs.

If the kill is certain, better let the carry grab the killing blow though. It's stupid not to assist though, really.

aldariz

09-21-2010

european high elo-ish player here. havent had someone whine about killstealing in ages. a kill is a kill. some controversial kills are usually followed by "sry", just in case the other guy cares. thats my experience at least.

painboots

09-21-2010

i was in a game today were the amumu on my team raged on our sona for not having enough kills. The amumu went 1-12 and the sona went 5-1. Who won that battle?

Darkenspirit

09-21-2010

Thats why I was so surprised. I was like are you serious? An entire team is calling me out on Killstealing? When I play MF?

Crizax

09-21-2010

you ever play a game where its like 2v1? and you are like right there, but are like, "psssshh they got it, i wont KS" and then you look and the guy got away, but if you showed up without a shadow of a doubt they woulda died.

the way i see it, its not really KSing, its making sure your team mates arent ******ed.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenspirit View Post
Good deal. Better to kill them now, then push a tower, then back off and let the chance of them get away to see if the carry can confirm the kill or not.
Bah nevermind, my comprehension skills are lacking today.

Also, KSes don't matter anyways, whoever did the most damage gets the most gold, all you get for actually last hitting is a shiny plus 1 for your score.

xXG0KUXx

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
Bah nevermind, my comprehension skills are lacking today.

Also, KSes don't matter anyways, whoever did the most damage gets the most gold, all you get for actually last hitting is a shiny plus 1 for your score.
I never knew that, that's good to know for when people get mad at me. There's no gold bonus at all?

OtavioB

09-21-2010

if u are the carry and/or have snowball items its ok

Jubmania

09-21-2010

When someone steals my kill, I'll say something in team chat along the lines of, "You just ninjaed my kill. -_- ". Most of the time they apologize and I just tell them it's no biggy; it's better that we actually killed them.