Kill Stealing intentional or not.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkenspirit

09-21-2010

Evidently on a map where its called 5v5, aiding your partner seal the deal on early kills means either you are kill stealing or being unsportsmanlike like.

I was just in a game where I solo queued and got paired with a 4 man premade. When my lane partner (Xin Zhou) decides to try to kill a Sona who was at full only to have a full life Teemo rush in and kill him did evidently my play became incorrect.

Later I aided Morgana in a gank, of bottom lane because I dunno I thought helping your teammates kill opponents was a good idea. This (Morgana) calls me a killstealer and proceeds to degrade me and my character. This continues into mid game where I aid in teamganks and teamfights and I was 8-2-10 with Miss Fortune, despite (Sona) with a 12-0 Sona and Morgana being 11-2 but when Xin Zhou who was 0-X something by then calls me out on another kill that I somehow took from him. I ignited a Teemo that was low as he was running back to the tower, I shot a round at him and thats when Xin charged into the tower after him and got killed saying I kill stole him.

I replied with. What do you want me to do? Not Kill him? Not try to kill low heroes and win us the game? Fine then I wont participate or try to kill guys you are focusing on. Sorry I am not in your vent to coordinate attacks with you guys.

Rest of the game I proceeded to not go after characters they were focusing on because they were obviously very touchy about the subject. We lost and I ended 8-9 despite us having twice their kills. Mind you late game they were all incredibly high and over fed with over 15 kills each and under 8 deaths. The opposing Teemo backdoored us multiple times and everytime we had an incident at base, I was told to go back and defend. Thats right, they told me the carry who was at the fight already to go back and swap places with Morgana to go defend against creep waves.

I get called the bad player despite them never pushing a lane, and always ganking well into late game and walking into traps.

So I ask you guys, whats more important a K/D or the Win? And can you call out someone for KSing when theyre just helping you aid a Gank?

Warscythes

09-21-2010

I don't get mad at the internet, the internet rage at me.

Right, I should be a bit more constructive. I play Garen, so I pretty much KS all the time with my ult. Then again I deal most of the damage with judgement anyway so is not really KS.

Obviously I would try to let carries to get the kill, otherwise I say screw them, hence the first statement.

TheShortestPath

09-21-2010

People who ***** about K/D being more important than winning the game are morons. There is no such thing as killstealing in this game unless three things all occur:

You went completely out of your way to get the kill.

You didn't help damage the person or help your ally damage the person prior to you grabbing the kill.

The person getting killed would have died regardless of you stepping in.

If all three of those things are true, then yeah that's killstealing, but if you're in the middle of a teamfight and you get a kill on someone, your team has absolutely no right to whine at you. You shouldn't just stop attacking someone because one person on your team wants all the kills, that's silly.

Also, you should edit the names out of your post, that's kinda against the rules.

Crashbolt

09-21-2010

Ignore them and keep playing the game. If they're trying to stoke their e-peens with their K/D, they should play better if they want more kills.

Darkenspirit

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warscythes View Post
I don't get mad at the internet, the internet rage at me.

Right, I should be a bit more constructive. I play Garen, so I pretty much KS all the time with my ult. Then again I deal most of the damage with judgement anyway so is not really KS.

Obviously I would try to let carries to get the kill, otherwise I say screw them, hence the first statement.
Good deal. Better to kill them now, then push a tower, then back off and let the chance of them get away to see if the carry can confirm the kill or not.

Yogtheterrible

09-21-2010

If anyone complains about ks in my team I automatically lose any sort of confidence in their abilities. This is a team game and everyone in the team could use some kills. Obviously the carry should be getting most of the kills but everyone else needs the cash too. The only time I would consider it a legitimate concern would be if your teammate is just sitting there waiting to use his ability at the right moment but I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Warscythes

09-21-2010

That is the theory, problem is because of my nubbleness, I go into panic mode and just spam R whenever I see a low HP champion whichout checking the map for where the carry is. So yea, the keyword in my post is that I "TRY", it just didn't happen yet.

Adelle

09-21-2010

Kill stealing is only an issue when you're a support or tank, it's best to let the carries kill, level and get gold so they can, you know, carry. But complaining about it like that... he was just sore, is all.

Ashcarr

09-21-2010

It's actually better to kill steal. There, I said it. You'll get the kill gold and they'll get the assist gold thereby furthering two people. Where if you just let them finish it, they'll get the kill gold and no one else gets anything.

Mongooses

09-21-2010

I never really understood the deal about killsteals, the enemy is dead, we're not. Then again I only play support/tank characters , so the chances of me getting kills relies on me unintentionally getting a last hit in a teamfight. Now, that doesn't mean that I don't get kills or when I do that I don't get my share of flak for it but seeing as how you played MF then they shouldn't be complaining. If I was in your position I would have just ignored them and kept on trucking. Go ahead and let them berate you, when that victory screen shows up and you're sitting on a 24-9-10 the enemy knows why they lost and it wasn't because of the 2-14-5 w/e who was on your team.