Pay to Play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windswept

11-16-2009

So, i just started LoL yesterday and I love it. But what I want to know is the $$$.

I understand theres the whole buy the game initialy ($30 i think) but is there a monthly fee after that?

Or is it mainly by micro transactions within the game, and do those decay over time, permanent or what?

If i was to get this game, how much would it cost me to enjoy it on the monthly basis?

Flaggro

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

The game is 100 percent free from end to end. You dont have to spend a dime to use the game ever...

With that being said you will have to unlock content. Much in the same way you would unlock content in other games that you actually pay for. You dont even have to buy the game though. It itself is free.

You can buy some content however this content comes in the form of xp boosts IP boosts (free ingame currency used to unlock things) and skins. Nothing can be bought with real money that would give you an edge over other people in game.

Aeonus

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
The game is 100 percent free from end to end. You dont have to spend a dime to use the game ever...

With that being said you will have to unlock content. Much in the same way you would unlock content in other games that you actually pay for. You dont even have to buy the game though. It itself is free.

You can buy some content however this content comes in the form of xp boosts IP boosts (free ingame currency used to unlock things) and skins. Nothing can be bought with real money that would give you an edge over other people in game.
Unless you consider Ghost Gangplank Skin an edge hehe

Riina Tada

01-29-2013

The Answer to all the trolls Gentlemen.