Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Regulus, the Void Golem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hearty Breakfast

09-15-2012

A few summoners were practicing their abilities in the library when one of them noticed an odd energy disturbance near them. It started as a small purple speck but was growing steadily. They called a few guards in to inspect it. Immediately recognizing it as void energy, the guards called for backup and moved everyone out of the library. The disturbance suddenly expanded outward and tore a portal open. A towering creature stepped through, its black armor reflecting the horrified faces on the guards. It stood before them for a moment, silently observing them before suddenly teleporting into the hallway. It was quickly surrounded by guards who began attacking with their weapons. Every time they touched the monstrosity, energy lashed back at them singing their flesh. The creature did not seem to be phased by the blows and retaliated by sending out an explosive energy wave and knocking the nearby guards against the walls. It waited for another brief moment before stomping down the hallway. More guards got in Its way but every strike from Its fists flew quicker than seemingly possible and felt as if they struck their flesh through their armor. They were no match for It. They followed the creature, which seemed to ignore anybody not in its way, all the way to the League Councils meeting room. It teleported through the grandiose door and stood in front of the League Council.

"What is the meaning of th-"

“REGULUS WILL JOIN THE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS.” Regulus boomed.

The room fell silent. Malzahar had been watching the whole ordeal unfold.

“It looks like my backup has arrived.” He observed before swiftly departing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Category: Base(+level scaling)

Health: 430 (+83)
Health Regen: 6.5 (+0.75)
Mana: 230 (+45)
Mana Regen: 6.7 (+0.65)
Range: 125
Armor: 16 (+3.5)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
Attack damage: 45 (+3)
Attack speed: 0.65 (+2.5%)
Movement speed: 320

(Passive) Spatial Tether: Regulus’ auto attacks apply a spatial tether to champions. These tethers do nothing by themselves but interact with its other abilities. Stacks up to three times on any target, can be on multiple targets, breaks at 1000 range. Lasts 4 seconds.

(Graphic would be a faint energy beam between him and his target which would grow brighter with more stacks)

(Q) Tether Break: Snaps the current tether on targeted enemy dealing a set amount of damage and applying a movement debuff based on the strength of the tether. 1 Tether: 30% slow. 2 Tethers: 50% slow. 3 Tethers: Snare, followed by 50% slow.

Only useable on targets with at least one tether.

Cast time: 0.5 seconds

Damage: 50/80/110/140/170 Magic damage with 0.3 AP scaling.

Debuff Duration: Slow 1s/1.5s/2s/2.5s/3s. Snare 0.5s/0.75s/1s/1.25s/1.5s

Cooldown: 15s/14s/13s/12s/11s

Costs 50 mana at all ranks.

600 range.

When used with 3 tethers, the slow is applied at the same time as the snare, so at max rank for instance the target would be snared for 1.5 seconds and then slowed for another 1.5 seconds.

(W) Dimension Door: Passively causes Regulus' attacks to be charged with void energy, giving them bonus magic damage. On use rips a dimensional hole to damage targeted area, applies one tether to all champions hit, and gives vision of those champions for 5 seconds.

Cast time: 1 second

Passive magic damage on attacks: 15/25/35/45/55 Magic damage with 0.1 AP scaling

Active damage: 50/90/130/170/210 Magic damage with 0.4 AP scaling.

Mana cost: 60/75/90/105/120

Cooldown 15s at all ranks.

Range to center of AoE: 650/700/750/800/850

Diameter of AoE: 300

(E) Kinetic Armor: Passively gives Regulus bonus attack speed. On use its armor sends out a chaotic wave of energy around it, applying one tether to all champions hit, and dealing damage to them based on the number of tether debuffs on them after the tether from Kinetic Armor is applied. Applies damage to minions as if they had two tethers.

Cast time: 0.5 seconds

Passive attack speed: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%

Active magic damage: 1 Tether: 60/90/120/150/180 magic damage with 0.2 AP scaling. 2 Tethers: 70/105/140/185/240 magic damage with 0.4 AP scaling. 3 Tethers: 80/120/170/220/280 magic damage with 0.6 AP scaling

Diameter of AoE: 500

Cost: 70 at all ranks

Cooldown: 20s/18s/16s/14s/12s

(R) Anti-matter: Coats Regulus’ armor with anti-matter causing him to reflect damage to attackers who are affected by his tethers (Affects all damage sources). When activated, adds a new effect onto its next ability used within 10 seconds.

Augmented Q: The target will be pulled towards (but not over) Regulus. Slow and snare will be applied but at half the duration. Distance scales with tether stacks.

1, 2, and 3 Tether stacks: 200/400/600

Augmented W: Teleports Regulus to the selected location.

Augmented E: Increases the AoE and deals bonus damage regardless of tether stacks based on the targets proximity to Regulus.

Increased range to a diameter of 700

Bonus damage near (within 200 units of Regulus): 30% more damage.

Bonus damage far (Between 200 and 350 units from Regulus): 15% more damage.

Augmented R: When used, Anti-matter will not go on cooldown until an ability is used or the 10 second duration expires. It can be used a second time after being activated to make Regulus absorb the anti-matter coating into himself, removing the damage reflection element but overclocking his systems increasing all stats by a %. Lasts 6 seconds and puts Anti-matter on a shorter cooldown. The damage reflection stays disabled until Anti-matter is off cooldown again.

Stat boost: 4% / 8% / 12%

Reduces cooldown to 50s/40s/30s (Not affected by cooldown reduction.)

This is intended to have something to do with his ultimate if you activate it at an inopportune time or don't get a chance to use it. The bonuses it gives are small but it is mainly to have your ultimate back faster.

Reflected damage per tether stack: 4%/5%/6%

No mana cost.

Instant cast

Regular Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds.

Recommended items for summoners rift: Mercury's Treads, Abyssal scepter, Lich Bane, Malady, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Frozen Heart

Champion select quote: “REGULUS WILL JOIN THE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS.”

Joke: “SO A VOIDLING AND A VOID TERROR WALK INTO A BAR, LAUGH NOW OR BE DESTROYED.”

Taunt: “YOUR CRIES FOR HELP HAVE BEEN UNANSWERED.”

Moving: “SPATIAL PARAMETERS AQUIRED.” “TERRAIN NAVIGATION ENGAGED.”

Attacking: “EXECUTING MATTER RECONSTITUTION PROCEDURES.” “TERMINATION MODULES ACTIVATED”

On Death: Staggers backwards while being torn apart and sucked into a dimensional tear.

I wanted to challenge myself by making something unique and interesting. Regulus is meant to be a versatile AP bruiser who can engage fights in several different ways with Its pull and teleport. It then proceeds to beat up squishy targets quickly while reflecting damage back to those who attempt to help fight it off. Regulus is meant to reward good positioning while also being somewhat forgiving at the same time. It can escape or engage with Its augmented W, but that means it gives up the extra burst on Its E once in the fight or the ability to Q a fleeing enemy back to it when cleaning up. Likewise it can increase its burst by using his augmented E but it gives up an easy escape.

Hearty Breakfast

09-15-2012

One bump.

Hearty Breakfast

09-16-2012

Two bumps.

big hot lunch

09-16-2012

I like this concept, the way the ult augments abilities can make for some interesting choices in a fight.

Leo Tomita

09-16-2012

THANK YOU very much for reviewing Dio....but u could do it on his page....but no probs
if you really want to know about the changes you recomended...go for Dio thread..ill be more than happy to explain to you my thougths.............

lets start thy foolishness

(Passive) Spatial Tether: this is like Twitch's passive...but with no damage rigth?

(Q) Tether Break: amazing skill...well balanced in all aspects...

(W) Dimension Door: i dunno the 500 AoE looks too big for my taste...thats bigger than Tryndamere scream...wich is 400
the 850 range is fine but the overall size of the skill buggins me

(E) Kinetic Armor:i like the idea very much BUT ...
at level 1...yoo can have 50 AP rigth? so...with 3 tether applied to a champion you could deal 132,5 damage in a area (champs normally have 400 health + or -)...imagine yourself lvl 2 with Dimension Door tethering 2 champs...GOOD GOD thats is too hard harassment dont you think??

dont get me wrong this is a mazing skill but needs to rebalance the damages in my opinion

(R) Anti-matter: awesome skill...hes quite annoying Void Melee Mage....

give his base stats...

OVERALL AMAZING CHAMP!! thumbs up for you...

Hearty Breakfast

09-16-2012

Tweaked kinetic armors damage at low levels and lowered the AP scaling overall but gave it higher base damage at higher ranks to compensate.

I imagine dimension door to be about the size of brands pillar which I see is 400 so I've adjusted that also.

Will be adding base stats shortly.

Hearty Breakfast

09-16-2012

Bump for the night. I crave feedback. Post a champ concept you made and I will trade reviews.

Sharpper

09-16-2012

could easily be a broken champ scaled improperly imo, seems like if he can get all 3 teathers on alot of the enemy champs he can just burn them down like nothing. but the idea is pretty smart. would look cool too

Sharpper

09-16-2012

bumb

Hearty Breakfast

09-17-2012

Added some minor cast times to his abilities and removed the double tether stack from augmented dimension door to reduce his teleport burst on multiple targets..