{PETITION} Easy, Normal, Hard, Expert Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoobles

09-21-2010

I understand that LoL has a rating system (ELO). But because of the recent waterfall of "ELO HELL" posts I think that we should leave it up to the players to state where they think they stand in terms of skill.

Imagine if you would.......

Some one hits lvl 30 one day... Has an amazing week in ranked at gets to, lets say 1400-1500 elo. Now only having about 200w under his/her belt they are thrust into the tryhard comps with tryhard teams. Things don't go so great, and after getting yelled/screamed/raged at he/she is back at the 1200's for being "less" skilled.

Now what if we could decide a difficulty level in ranked game each with its own ELO rating. And once you either reached a certain ELO in that difficulty or felt comfortable to progress, you were given the option to move higher up.

The real reason I am conjuring up this idea is because, honestly, having 1000+w (normal) under my belt, I still frequently play with people at 1500+ who have no idea how to deny, last hit, or kite. It's not that they don't know what it is, but they don't understand the concept.

Anyways just thought I share an idea from a frustrated LoL vet.

Signed,
-Snoobens aka Snoobs aka Snooby

efdf

09-21-2010

No one has an accurate opinion of their skill-level before ranked games because of matchmaking. It attempts to match you with people of your skill-level, so people only know how good they are compared to the people they are playing, rather than the player base as a whole. So all the top players at 900 Elo would mark themselves "Expert" and all the worst players at 1400 Elo would mark themselves "Mediocre" (because no one would say they were bad).

Clown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

This would never work because no one is ever honest about their skill level. There is always the famous yet elusive mid to high tier.