Why is twitch never picked?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronusx

Senior Member

12-16-2012

I've been playing recently with twitch and I find his potential is pretty decent. The question however, is why don't I see more twitch players and why picking him is considered a troll pick?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blitz4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

He's been played on a few pro streams. He's gaining popularity. He's pretty much a new iteration of Kog'Maw now though...with slightly better mobility and ganking/jungling potential in exchange for less damage. Basically his damage potential is extremely high, higher then most other carries (except, again, Kog'Maw and Corki) simply because of the nature of his ult can let him hit many people, thus increasing his damage times however many players he hits.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaffleFortress

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

He smells terrible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerulean Laser

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Aphromoo from Team FeaR loves using Twitch, Draven and Varus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronusx

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz4 View Post
He's been played on a few pro streams. He's gaining popularity. He's pretty much a new iteration of Kog'Maw now though...with slightly better mobility and ganking/jungling potential in exchange for less damage.
that's what I was thinking too. His skills are AMAZING! Heck he can slow people, squeeze more damage with his passive and E and with the ultimate at lvl 16 a farmed twitch is RIDICULOUS!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xxdeathx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-16-2012

i think i saw imaqtpie playing twitch yesterday


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpellMaster101

Senior Member

12-16-2012

i played twitch today and got pretty fed against an ashe/zyra botlane


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blitz4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronusx View Post
that's what I was thinking too. His skills are AMAZING! Heck he can slow people, squeeze more damage with his passive and E and with the ultimate at lvl 16 a farmed twitch is RIDICULOUS!
Keep in mind though that he's a high skill cap hero. (Not like other carries IE graves or cait which you just right click) He requires constant repositioning. There's also the fact that, like Kog, he needs to be protected by his tanks as he's easily shut down. That dependance combined with his high skillcap could be why you don't see much of him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAverageGatsby

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Only issue people had with playing him before was that ezreal and graves were such common picks. Due to him being a bit squishy they didn't like that they were getting chunked even when they were invisible. His burst is nice, Not as high as DRAAAAAVEN, but his late game burst/ulti is great to single out targets or go for the large teamfight.

Edit: I also slightly agree with Blitz4. In the fact that, yes this character is 50% positioning 50% aggressive support to back you up. If you have the backup this champion is bound to get that first blood if you are not paying attention/being careful. Would I say he is high skill cap? No, but you do need to be aware of where you are, while also being ready to act given the proper opportunity. (ie. champs out of position? time for some hard core expunge)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronusx

Senior Member

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostilePinata View Post
Only issue people had with playing him before was that ezreal and graves were such common picks. Due to him being a bit squishy they didn't like that they were getting chunked even when they were invisible. His burst is nice, Not as high as DRAAAAAVEN, but his late game burst/ulti is great to single out targets or go for the large teamfight.
To be honest If I see an enemy ezreal , I'm really happy. He is insanely easy to kill and his low hp is not helping. Graves is a bit tanky yeah, but he can still be managed. I agree twitch is squishy,but I was thinking maybe adding a FM might make him work.Ideas?


12