☆☆☆ Signs of NEGATIVE ATTITUDE ☆☆☆

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHound View Post
That's wrong, I was playing as a tank shen this one game, our inhib was pushed and they broke a nexus tower, I was ready to surrender with everyone else but our carry just told me to run in front of them and taunt them, we ended up winning by just having the enemy be taunted by me and than they end up attempting to focus tank. you shouldn't give up when things look bad on your side.
As the game progresses into late game, even if the enemy team has a big advantage, they can still make a mistake, losing a team fight, and if you can make one last push to their nexus even while their minions are busy attacking yours, it can be a dramatic turnaround.

Those make for some pretty awesome memories.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Sometimes people might be looking for Verbal Abuse and find Negative Attitude and think it's okay to pardon since it's not Verbal Abuse. The two types of offenses have both differences and overlapped areas. One can easily lead to the other, especially over time as players keep getting pardoned for doing it.

Punish now before Negative Attitude becomes a gateway for other types of violations. You're only sending a warning if it's a first time offender. If it's a repeat offender that has ignored prior warning, then he/she has dug his/her own grave.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihazmat

Junior Member

09-30-2012

What about not listenting to your team to make a better play? I remember my entire team holding them off at the first tower (since bottom had fallen), and I was still pushing top to make one of them come up or lose it. I got yelled at, being called a noob, for not helping them while my plan was to break them up by split pushing. So I get reported for that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihazmat View Post
What about not listenting to your team to make a better play? I remember my entire team holding them off at the first tower (since bottom had fallen), and I was still pushing top to make one of them come up or lose it. I got yelled at, being called a noob, for not helping them while my plan was to break them up by split pushing. So I get reported for that?
If this was against an enemy team of players, not AIs, then the team had good reason to be angry (not necessarily to report) because if they lost the team battle then the enemy could easily make a push towards your nexus, and you wouldn't be able to do much against their superior numbers on your own. Bots would go after you because they are programmed to do so. Humans are not programmed to do so however.

There are some details that are missing in the situation you described though.

How many were on the enemy team? Were they fed? What was the team compositions? Health on both teams? How many turrets down? Did your team repeatedly plead with you to help before the team fight?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

diaznick

Junior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post

"I'm done"
"We're done"
"Surrender at 20 plz"
no, they are perfectly fine.

One of the worst things in this game is when you are teamed with bad, unco-operative clueless players.
The type that die once (which is fine) then come back for "revenge" and die again (ok semi bad) so you notice and say "hey top just play defensive and farm cs we will set up a gank"
Then they die again.

Game transitions into mid game and this same player is now solo'ing in unwarded parts of the map, getting out of position, getting ganked. Despite being told "don't get out of position" etc. They are not feeding, but at the same time they are.

You do your best to get back in the game, but they are never there for team skirmishes. And its not like they are going to get any better, as they are (and this is correct usage of the word) retarded.

So its 10:30, you can get in one more game before work tomorrow, so you say surrender please... and then these trolls won't surrender.

so yeah thats one of my biggest hates about this game.

Its the starcraft 2 equivalent of if you play terran, and when you have lost you pick up your buildings and fly them off to the corner of the map


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

What if you're the only person on the entire team to speak English?
Quite a few times this has happened to me and from what I gather from the language they are saying less-than-flattering things about me for not understanding their plans or just dying in a team fight.

Stuff likes this drops my morale to a "I don't care any more" state because I'm stuck with this for at least 20 minutes and I feel like I'm playing singleplayer. My most common response to a polite request to speak English is them briefly saying (in English) how I should know/learn their language while finishing their statement with an insult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivePalau

Member

10-02-2012

[QUOTE=JohnnyOmega;29297200]

1. Refusal to communicate with your team - Your allies try to communicate with you to enhance the team's cooperative gameplay but you refuse to respond to anyone, and perhaps refuse to respond when an ally asks for help or advice. This can hinder the team's strategy during the match and hurt the overall morale.
[QUOTE]

I wouldn't punish someone solely for this considering that many nationalities play this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post

1. Refusal to communicate with your team - Your allies try to communicate with you to enhance the team's cooperative gameplay but you refuse to respond to anyone, and perhaps refuse to respond when an ally asks for help or advice. This can hinder the team's strategy during the match and hurt the overall morale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivePalau View Post
I wouldn't punish someone solely for this considering that many nationalities play this game.
IF you are talking about not being able to communicate because of a language difference...

You might want to read the blue letters next to "pvp.net" on your screen.

Many nationalities play this game but not all on the same server. Different servers use different languages.

If you come to the NA server you are expected to read/write/understand English since that is the language that the NA server uses.

If you purposely join a TEAM game when you know you can't understand the language spoken by your teammates, then that is disregarding the cooperative factor of team play and disregarding your allies' desire to play a fair game. As a result, this becomes a case of negative attitude.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

10-04-2012

Bumping because I just read a post by a player who seems to think that it's fine to tell his team that they are bad instead of offering non-condescending, supportive advice or assistance.


123