☆☆☆ Signs of NEGATIVE ATTITUDE ☆☆☆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueian View Post
Punish players for getting morale broken... good job.

With randoms you can't trust your team, either you carry or you lose. Its hard to not get morale broken if you are doing poorly or if your team is doing poorly though the latter is often expected.

There's nothing wrong about setting a higher standard so that you CAN trust your team (to try and work together at least).

Even if you're doing poorly, you can still win a match provided your team remains cohesive, and still enjoy the fun of a match. Negative Attitude can destroy whatever cohesiveness is left in the team and ruin the fun of the match that could have been enjoyed regardless of victory/loss.

MrAlexFreetos

09-17-2012

Only losers enjoy a match when they lose it.. Piss off go to 900 ELO and be happy about losing there u ****ing ****.

MrAlexFreetos

09-17-2012

Oh and Lyte is a nazi

JohnnyOmega

09-20-2012

I encourage players that receive a warning from Tribunal to post their reform cards and ask for advice so that they can avoid repeating any mistakes they may have made.

Knowing is half the battle.

JohnnyOmega

09-22-2012

I just read a post on the front page about a case potentially based on negative attitude so bumping to help.

Ada Wong

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
Negative Attitude is one of the types of violation of the Summoner's Code that badly behaving players are punished for.

This is a spotlight discussion on Negative Attitude to supplement the learning process for Tribunal supporters.

Not everyone may agree with what is written here however everyone is encouraged to share their opinions so long as they keep it civil and back up their opinions with legitimate reasoning.

From [A Guide to Tribunal]:

Negative Attitude - This violation usually occurs when a player makes negative remarks in chat about his/her allies or the progress of the match. This can include complaining about how poorly oneself or an ally is performing, or saying that the match has been lost before it is over. Repeatedly putting up the surrender vote window when the rest of the team is still trying to win can also be considered "negative attitude". Asking for advice or giving genuine tips without insulting remarks would be the reasonable act in a bad situation but code violators tend to treat others poorly instead, thus being marked for "negative attitude". Poor sportsmanship could fall under "Negative Attitude", in which the code violator points out the enemy team's failures unnecessarily or accuses them of cheating when they have not done so.

------------------------------------

How does Negative Attitude affect your game when it's your own teammate?

The loss of team morale and breakdown of communication that can occur as a result of Negative Attitude. This can destroy the team's synergy in many ways, sometimes dramatically; leading to a loss for the victimized team.

Agree but sometimes people are just here to GRIEF/TROLL.

How does Negative Attitude affect your game when it's an enemy player?

A match can be fun even when it's a loss but Negative Attitude can sully whatever fun you might have had during the match by turning that fun memory into a bitter memory. It's a detriment to enjoyment when a player rubs salt on your wounds. Trash talk is tolerable to a certain extent but there are lines (not necessarily determined by quantity rather than quality or vice versa) that shouldn't be crossed.

True

Now how do we determine when lines are crossed? That's what this discussion seeks to facilitate.

Keep in mind that a potentially large proportion of the player community may be under-aged so many might not quite understand what you're saying or know things that seem natural to you as a result of your experiences.

So here is a potentially growing list of signs of Negative Attitude that may be updated as the thread discussion progresses.

1. Refusal to communicate with your team - Your allies try to communicate with you to enhance the team's cooperative gameplay but you refuse to respond to anyone, and perhaps refuse to respond when an ally asks for help or advice. This can hinder the team's strategy during the match and hurt the overall morale.

If you want good communication get on Ventrilo or something. Nothing wrong with giving a bit of advise in game if someone asks. Generally a lot of people I see refuse to listen, ignorant, or complete dummies, no offense because I know there are decent players.

2. Berating and belittling your allies - Your allies make some subpar choices or perform badly during the match. Instead of offering helpful advice or assistance, you make them feel worse about themselves than they already do by pointing out their faults and describing them in a harsh light.

Here are some examples of the signs you might see in chat that suggest this is going on.

"my team is so bad", "this Veigar", "you're so bad", "report Ashe for unskilled plz", "****ty jungler can't gank"

Agreed

3. Refusal to cooperate with your team - Your allies are trying to form a cohesive group strategy but you refuse to help them whatsoever.

Examples of this might include the following:

-Picking a certain role when there has already been a player for that role established on your team despite your allies asking you to play something else. This becomes more harshly viewed as you reach higher levels where you are expected to know about the division of team roles in the game.

I play whatever I want, if you don't like it free to leave QUENE, the only acception I can understand is if you are a premade rank/ladder game with all friends playing among themselves then you can be on Skype, Ventrilo and talk about it or have it disccused before the game starts. Generally I do not play tanks, or support unless I know the person I am playing with.

-Standing by or going somewhere else when your presence could have made a significant difference in a team/lane battle. This is not always obvious though. It becomes most transparent when your ally asks you for help (but you don't help).

I see this a lot and I agree if you can actually be there to save a mate then do it, but I would not risk feeding the enemy as it only makes it worse.

4. Bullying allies - When you try to intimidate allies, it will have an obviously detrimental effect on team cooperation and morale. A lot of players were suspended during an audit this summer for using the report system as a tool of bullying.

"/all Report Ahri for trolling plz"

"Give me blue or we're going to report you"

"I'm going to have your account permabanned if you don't do what I say"

"Dude I'm going to find out where you live and..."

I have seen that Real Life threat, and believe me there are some people who really can find out where you live. Personally I wouldn't make that threat because it could be taken as a real life threat to a site like ic3.gov the police, or someone else might actually find out where you live and... get my point.

"Mid or I feed"

I agree with this I see it a lot, and I rarely call out reports or ask anyone to report unless its a circumstance of griefing where a player repediately does nothing but bait enemies onto your location, FEED, Turret Dive, and other stupid things when they are asked not to let alone don't come to your lane at all if they are just going to feed.

In general if I only play mid as that class unless I am support or a ranged character then someone elses goes there I just go Jungle reguardless of what they think or say, they have 30 seconds before the game starts to make a decision after that the choice is made and I put everyone on ignore and play the game trying to win generally 1-6 levels can sometimes be slow if I am not a good jungling character, but after 6 if they are not fed I can attempt to gank and such.

BUFFS, if someone buff steals on purpose multiple times or mobs while I am trying to jungle I report for griefing, I don't threaten them but sometimes i call it out to stop buff stealing.

5. Defeatist stance - It's still early in the match but you completely give up on trying to win and maintain this mindset, carrying it into your communication in chat, until the end of the match no matter what. You either start running around your base or wander around aimlessly telling everyone on your team to surrender or that the game is over instead of contributing anything helpful. The chat aspect is not always considered a transgression because sometimes the advantage taken by the enemy team can be overwhelmingly huge.

NOTE: If it's only a few minutes in and a player starts putting up a defeatist stance, then that can adversely affect the rest of the match, potentially snowballing into a breakdown of team cooperation and communication. A defeatist can be just as bad as an afker in this way because a player having the attitude may be perceived as a potential intentional feeder or afker/leaver, forcing the rest of the team to rethink how they fit that player into the gameplay (can be very disruptive to the flow of the team).

EDIT: Added the part about maintaining the mindset after EPBF Kilroy brought up a good point.

EDIT: Bringing up a point by iatre, added a bit of text about early game morale hits.

"I'm done"
"We're done"
"Surrender at 20 plz"
I agree and disagree sometimes it is over with no matter what nothing you can do because of 3 or 4 people who are just griefing, but sometimes it isn't generally I just farm up if it looks like its game over and still try to win.

Spamming Surrender is also not the way to go if I vote no I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE SURRENDER BOX AGAIN FOR AT LEAST 20 MORE MINUTES. Spamming surrender also earns a Report for griefing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer I am a serious player and I play to win, or loose if it comes to it, and you only have one chance to follow directions any annoying moves and you are on ignore, anyone else questions they are on ignore too I don't have time for the griefers or people to play hold the baby's hand.

If you do not speak english you should not be playing on North America Servers I will also report for that, and ignore.

Ganking/Flanking for dummies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614Iu2Hofp0 Learn to do it there is no reason I should have to waste 5 mintues typing how to bait and such you should know how to do it and also at certain times depending on the situation it will heavily effect the outcome of the game. Its a simple concept.

If you are under the age of 13 and playing this game, and really can't even solve a basic puzzle then you really shouldn't be playing anyways.

The only exception I have is if you are this guy... Otherwise the way I see it there is absolutely no excuse.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/in...954?ocid=msnhp

I understand being a new player giving a few kills to an enemy or learning to play a champ, that is fine, but being an ignorant griefer is no excuse.

AlexDnD2

09-22-2012

You should play to win until its obvious the chance of success is less than 5%. Then surrender. If you don't surrender and its a 3-2 vote I will guarantee that you will not win because I will cease being a productive member of the team. Period.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
You should play to win until its obvious the chance of success is less than 5%. Then surrender. If you don't surrender and its a 3-2 vote I will guarantee that you will not win because I will cease being a productive member of the team. Period.
So in other words, when you personally feel it's "over", it's "over" no matter what, right? I mean, who cares about the rest of the team...this game is about you, right?

IceHound

09-24-2012

A negative attitude leads to playing negatively, negative playing means you'll most likely lose. After all you don't see good players throwing a 9 year old attitude screaming at their teammates right? Play with a positive attitude and you'll have a good chance at winning the game.

IceHound

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
That's wrong, I was playing as a tank shen this one game, our inhib was pushed and they broke a nexus tower, I was ready to surrender with everyone else but our carry just told me to run in front of them and taunt them, we ended up winning by just having the enemy be taunted by me and than they end up attempting to focus tank. you shouldn't give up when things look bad on your side.