Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to carry as a support in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

itsWind

09-15-2012

I carried with support taric 2 games ago. too strong late game.

Sephnoir

09-15-2012

I honestly feel that situations like these is one of the reasons LoL needs voice chat. No one watches chat for Mia, or half the time checking the minimap for the jungler can be hard when you're trying to apply pressure to ther other team.

Qeeick

09-15-2012

Quote:
Unfortunately, playing support at low elo seems to be like watching a trainwreck while having your eyes gouged out by a rusty knife and being punched in the (kidney?)s.

Lol.

Try controlling the lane so it pushes under the tower (baiting them to take hits/pulling them under as blitz). Or play someone like janna and keep your carry alive when they overcommit/get caught. Make sure you spam pings back too if you see a jungler coming. You can't count on the ad paying attention to the map in low elo.

RainClloud

09-15-2012

how to carry as support? TIMERS. Take timers for EVERYTHING. Their blue, your blue, red buffs, dragon, and baron. If you start throwing out timers people on your team will think you are the **** and will listen to your calls, which is the second thing you can do to carry as support. Make all the calls. If their mid just went back and their bot is half health, ping dragon likes its nobody's business and don't stop pinging until your team does it. Get as many easy advantages as you can for your team to make up for the fact that they are extremely lacking in the cs department. Also, most players at that elo don't know not to engage in a fight they are most definately going to lose, so they might try to come contest the dragon, giving you free kills AND dragon. Anyway, hope this helped a little because i know it can be frustrating to play support for people who aren't as good as you would hope =)

chebasteba

09-15-2012

Support as kayle, start off support and then get some dmg. Helps out a lot with poor teams. Other than that idea, low elo is rough

Artum Tsumia

09-15-2012

Aye, as a few people pointed out, if you want to play support, you have to be an aggressive support. Do not be a support that just builds aura items, you'd be better off building damage so that you are more than a champ with high utility. Since most commonly, people don't like support, you can almost always expect to be better than the opposing support. Make calls, but be calm about it, ping once and say "mid is back, Dragon". Keep wards out, if not for your team, for you to keep track of what's going on so you can make good calls. Even if your team doesn't always follow your lead, if you deserve it, people will follow and it will lead to wins.

Cameryn Kyre

09-15-2012

main support player, 1600s. elo decay hit be a bit but w.e. been as high as 1770 with just support.

sub 1400 elo, be taric

otherwise, ward everything. Especially enemy blue if you're blue side. organize invades, etc. Watch the map. Back ping people being dumb. track mais/jungler.

As long as your teammates aren't HORRIBLE it's pretty easy.

I support Kayle on my smurf a lot. I love support kayle. She's secretly OP and a hard counter to blitz. But she can also become a carry later with farm if you realize you need a real ADC.

Zastie

09-15-2012

Can't cary most games as support, just do your best and hope everyone else does the same. You rely heavly on your AD carry bot, they do bad, you do bad.

Cameryn Kyre

09-15-2012

Quote:
Zastie:
Can't cary most games as support, just do your best and hope everyone else does the same. You rely heavly on your AD carry bot, they do bad, you do bad.

I maintained a 65% winrate with Sona and 75% winrate with Taric climbing out of lower elo this season.

Still 60% winrate Sona, and she's 1/3 of my total ranked games.

Caristinn

09-16-2012

"Ezreal, why are you running ghost/flash? Run flash/ignite, you need to shut down Vayne before she scales better into lategame"
"no this works"
"It really doesn't, you need to kill her early on man"
"and i will"
"Seriously please dude just listen. You will die."
"just worry about your lane"

:[