How to play the adc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sneak Thief

09-15-2012

I dont get it, I farm, I attack when necessary yet I am always called a bad adc.

Graves would be my adc and I know his tricks its the role itself I have trouble with and I have no clue why that is.

Please I want to be able to play Graves and not neglect him like I do with nocturne.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-15-2012

You have trouble because unlike most other champions your power is in late game, not early game. You usually can't 1v1 but your a boss at teamfights because you have consistent damage unlike other champions that come in bursts. Learn positioning, usually you want to be as far away from the other team as possible yet still be able to damage them. Looking at your previous matches, don't build frozen mallet on a ad, build a last whisper instead, and instead of a 2nd phantom dancer, get guardians angel, its usually pretty good for people with bad positioning lol. you should probably get an early vampiric scepter and rush Infinity Edge, then get Phantom Dancer, By then you should be able to do tons of damage, upgrade to bloodthirster and get a defensive item such as guardians angel. Then get a 2nd Phantom Dancer if enemies have no armor, if they do get Last Whisper

TheUnburned

09-15-2012

Well I have one idea from looking at your match history: You don't farm nearly enough. With the exception of one of your games as Graves, the only one you actually won, you take less than 100 creep skills. By the 25-minute mark, you should have 150-200 CS, even with kills/assists. With a champion like graves, you need to focus on farming until the Jungler or your Support (like Taric) sets up a kill for you. You shouldn't be poking and missing farm. Consider switching out your ArPen Quints with Flat Strength if you have trouble with last hitting, and take the Butcher mastery in the Offense tree.

An itemless ADC is completely worthless, so you need to shift your focus to farming early on. Even when you're losing, farming can be more important than teamfights, because you'll hit like a wet noodle and be worthless if the enemy ADC has an IE and all you have is your Berserker Greaves and your Pickaxe. You should consider some early lifesteal and survivability. Like at least one Doran's and a Vampiric Scepter, even before you get your IE. Without Lifesteal, you may be getting poked out of lane too easily. Doran's also gives you the extra early health you need to get in close to the enemy with Graves.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-15-2012

^ but 2 doran's max or else your just delaying your build, if your really behind though, don't build doran's at all or else you'll delay yourself even more.

Zeratoth

09-16-2012

Coming from someone who just got raped by one, hard, FARM.
if you focus on last hits, staying back in teamfights, and avoiding being caught alone, you can completely turn a game around.
Its exactly what happened to me. Frankly it bugs me that all an AD carry has to do to completely save a failing team is kill a ton of minions then start right clicking on enemy champs. But that is how it works in this game.
So just be careful early game, and behold as all enemy skill and strategy becomes powerless against your mighty right click.
*grumble grumble*and people say Diana's the broken one *grumble grumble*