Vlad advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

09-15-2012

-Hextech Revolver, Yay or Nay? If Yay, sooner or later?
-Spirit Visage, Yay or Nay?
-Get 40% CDR or focus more on AP/HP
-Skilling order. E or Q first? E seems like waaayyyy more damage, but Q obviously gives heal with no hp loss.

Getting my ass whooped trying to figure it out.

Phourc

09-15-2012

Not a Vlad player but to the best of my knowledge:

- Revolver is cheap and Vlad is pretty much all about spellvamp to stay alive - the part that isn't trollpool, at least.

- Spirit visage isn't bad, Hextech Sweeper is super stronk for casters in Dom, you may want to give it a try instead - and you can use the active to check the bushes.

- CDR is king in dominion, right after enough defenses to not get destroyed. Then I'd work on magic pen (Sorc shoes + Haunting guise + magic pen marks allow you to ignore the first 50 magic resist your target has, which is awesome - throw in an abyssal scepter to reduce their magic resist by 20 for standing near you and you have the typical 70 pen build) - AP is good if you can afford it, but building a deathcap is sooo expensive you generally won't do it unless you're dominating.

- Q's cooldown goes down massively per level as I recall from seeing him in SR laning - the difference between 10 and 4 second cooldown poke (less with CDR, naturally) is HUGE.

Hope that helps at least, always awesome to see newer players picking up Dominion

Helixes

09-15-2012

Oh im not new, just never played vlad. This is a smurf, but every time i log my main on the forums it switches back if i don't post often enough.

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

You need the lower Q CD more than you need the level 5 E base.

LordofNarf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Thoughts on playing Vlad, particularly bot.

-Revolver is good, and spellvamp is kickin', but you won't notice it almost at all until midgame, when your damage starts to pick up.

-Early CDR is really good, because you live and die in duels based on how often you can EQ, and wave clear comes from spamming E. Some items I like for rushing CDR are:
Spirit visage - All around a good item, until pretty late game, when the slot comes into high demand.
DFG - It goes ok with vlad's ranges, and a little extra burst is rarely unappreciated.
Hextech Sweeper - Synergizes with E well, stops anyone from using the bushes bot against you.
Try to get to 35-40 quickly without going over.

-To get your damage up, try building Haunting Guise, Sorc Boots, Abyssal Scepter (tripen build). You can even start boots + amp tome + ruby, though I tend to instead go CDR first with boots + kindlegem + pots.

-Deathcap is very strong, it multiplies the bonus health you are getting from your passive, which is great. However, you can't afford to go too glass cannon to early, so it should be your 3rd-ish item.

Nyx87

09-16-2012

Rank 5 Q deals 230 damage to a single target, while Rank 5 E deals 360(4 stacks), so I max E first. Generally the Q sustain will not help you much so go damage first. CDR is highly important, so i like Spirit Visage and cdr boots early grabbing a really early void staff for mpen.