Champion Costs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezouli

09-15-2012

I noticed a few oddities while browsing the Champ store, don't know if it was just completely overlooked, intentional, or some blahblitty blah to fix blugh.

There are 4800 IP champs who cost 975 RP (Miss Fortune and Trundle), while Caitlyn and Maokai cost 790 RP. (Mao and Cait both being priced at 4800 IP as well, not on sale either)

Then there are 3150 IP champs who also cost 975 RP (Mainly... All of them, excluding those on sale if there are any).

Is there any reasoning behind these decisions on price? Or as I said earlier, just overlooked?

rangerike1363

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezouli View Post
I noticed a few oddities while browsing the Champ store, don't know if it was just completely overlooked, intentional, or some blahblitty blah to fix blugh.

There are 4800 IP champs who cost 975 RP (Miss Fortune and Trundle), while Caitlyn and Maokai cost 790 RP. (Mao and Cait both being priced at 4800 IP as well, not on sale either)

Then there are 3150 IP champs who also cost 975 RP (Mainly... All of them, excluding those on sale if there are any).

Is there any reasoning behind these decisions on price? Or as I said earlier, just overlooked?
If you actually read the posts by the new head of marketing, you'd know those two are test cases for their new possible pricing for champions. So they are completely intentional I even went and dug up the thread for you:

eCommerce Director post

ZynkArcSouls

12-03-2012

League should have a lower average champion cost though to increase ease of entry, aka make newcomers want to stay longer. And, they will stay longer if they have a new goal every week which the longer a player plays the more likely they are to start paying because of impatience.

Yuan Shikai

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZynkArcSouls View Post
League should have a lower average champion cost though to increase ease of entry, aka make newcomers want to stay longer. And, they will stay longer if they have a new goal every week which the longer a player plays the more likely they are to start paying because of impatience.
You say they should lower champion prices and then make a perfect argument for why they actually shouldn't, lol.