You should be able to surrender at any time.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSoSuperMan

08-28-2012

There's nothing worse than starting a game with some fool who has gone AFK immediately after locking in their champ. 20 minutes worth of pain is on it's way.

I really don't understand why there is a limit at all. I very rarely want to surrender, but if I decide I want to surrender early, whatever the reason, why should I not be allowed to?

I'd even be happy if it required a unanimous vote.

If I was on a team of 5 vs a team of 4 I'd be happy to see them surrender so I could play a balanced game.

yargomedeiros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

You could easily farm ip this way.

Drewbie

08-29-2012

no...just no i cant even count how many times ive declined surrender, gotten flamed then we came back and won. a game is never over till the nexus is gone

NoneLikeRob

08-29-2012

I have never disagreed more with anything in my life. I have had THREE games so far today that were completely winnable that people surrendered. I HATE THAT

DaseinWasHere

08-29-2012

The reason for not allowing surrenduring before twenty is good is just because you are losing early game does not mean that you will lose the late game. This is even if the other team is ten kills ahead or more. A good example of this are about three games I have played in the past week which all have a similar story. This is the story of one of them. My team won three games in which they had us down to our mid inhibitor turret and also had us down by ten kills all before the twenty minute mark. Well we all thought we lost and were fighting hard until we could surrender but instead just before the twenty minute mark we won a team fight with almost no causualties and were able to push and this happend again and this time we got baron and pushed again. We ended up winning. The end of the story was we won after being way down by the twenty minute mark. The moral of this story is you never know when a game that you are losing may turn out to be a victory because of a few crucial seconds. I know this rarely happens but it can and by making you wait twenty minutes it gives you time to win a team fight and turn the game arround. By the way I just wanted to mention that in one of those games our Ad carry was disconnected until the ten minute mark before reconnecting.

Sleekman

08-29-2012

I just left a game 7 minutes in because my team decided not to call MIAs, twice. I got invaded by top lane and mid lane a few minutes later in my own jungle without anyone calling anything.There are some types of games which need to be surrendered earlier.

bunjimus

08-29-2012

ugg you'd have people wanting to rage quit 3 minutes in cause someone got ganked early. its bad enough you have to deal with people trying to surrender vote when your winning because they aren't doing good. this would just cause a bunch of problems and like someone said earlier it would be really exploitable

advancedAI

08-29-2012

I think a 15 minute surrender would be reasonable.

Treza

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleekman View Post
I just left a game 7 minutes in because my team decided not to call MIAs, twice. I got invaded by top lane and mid lane a few minutes later in my own jungle without anyone calling anything.There are some types of games which need to be surrendered earlier.
map awareness... why u no have it?
mias are nice, but its everyones job to be aware of where the enemy team is/isnt

Danish Vikingz

08-29-2012

Well they should not lower it for all/normal games, but if a player is AFK for more than 5 minutes I think surrender should be enabled.