Syndra could be more interesting!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnvyDragon

09-15-2012

Problem: She's not very distinct in her mechanics, she's not very versatile, she has little utility, her high skillcap doesn't reward her enough.

Suggested solution: Give her orbs a smallish aura that reduces enemy armor and magic resistance by, for example, 8/11/14/17/20 (based on level of Q), while reducing her damage slightly across the board.

Result: Syndra becomes a less bursty champion with a lot to add to teamfights. Orb placement (and movement using W, E and R) becomes much more strategic. Q becomes worth its high mana cost. She earns a lot of utility and a lot of potential damage, but only if you learn her kit and play her intelligently (ie. the way you should with a high-skillcap champ).

I elaborated in this thread, but never got many responses. General Discussion moves really fast. EDIT: Okay I got a few responses, nevermind. Still like having a thread in the actual Champion Feedback forum, though.

I would LOVE to hear what you guys think, and I would love to get some feedback!

Zeoki

09-15-2012

hm... giving the orb a passive effect.. I like it! or maybe enemies standing within the radius of the orb take more magic damage?

Dannyboy64

09-15-2012

Reducing the damage across the board for a champion who already outputs rather mediocre damage might not be a good idea.. O.O

Anrita

09-15-2012

I disagree about the distinct mechanics complaint, but I agree that the orbs should have some kind of effect aside from being ammo for her other abilities.