☆ A Suggestion To Make Multiple Incidents More Visible ☆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

09-15-2012

There are cases in which it is likely that Tribunal members only looked at the first case before voting.

The following suggestion might help reduce the possibility of that happening.

☆ When viewing a case, don't make the first or any case immediately visible. Instead make the incidents listed like this.

SAMPLED INCIDENTS
(click on numbered tabs after going to an Incident to look at other Incidents) <--- Make this text actually written on the interface here

Incident 1

Incident 2

Incident 3

Incident 4

Incident 5

- If you find a violation of the Summoner's Code in any of these incidents please click Punish. - <--- make this text also appear on the interface

Click on an Incident to see what happened there. Tribunal members clueless about the current tab system would be better able to understand that there is more than one incident on the case when presented this way.

When viewing a case after clicking the Incident link, the interface becomes exactly as it appears in the current version.

This small change could make a big difference imo.

y120

09-15-2012

In my opinion I feel like if the first case shown is an obvious punish then the rest of the incidents can reasonably be skipped; the problem is with Tribunal members voting to pardon based solely (or mostly) on the first case.

Perhaps it would be better to force reviewers to click on each incident before the Pardon button can be clicked?

Prandine

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by y120 View Post
In my opinion I feel like if the first case shown is an obvious punish then the rest of the incidents can reasonably be skipped; the problem is with Tribunal members voting to pardon based solely (or mostly) on the first case.

Perhaps it would be better to force reviewers to click on each incident before the Pardon button can be clicked?
Even if the first case shows punish, I feel that it's always worth checking the other games if any, just to make sure whether or not that person keeps up the terrible behavior.

Anyway, to the OP, I like the idea. It does seem that it might help encourage people who only look at one game before passing judgement look at the other games as well and not just one and only one game like some people do now.

Mechickenz

09-15-2012

It kind of sucks that we get the new interface then the first thing we do is try to change it again. But its apparent that this needs to be fixed otherwise players that blatantly abuse others are getting pardoned by the majority because their first case wasn't as bad as the others. I think OPs suggestion is great, and anything similar would be welcomed. Hopefully they can get this fixed as soon as possible to prevent meanies from getting away with it.

JohnnyOmega

09-15-2012

The Tribunal system is always a work in progress, but the more we participate, gather data, and share opinions, the more the system will hopefully improve as we figure things out on both the player and developer ends.

JohnnyOmega

09-15-2012

Bumping for more feedback before I snooze for the night.