What champs that are viable in SR you feel are not viable in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

I'm interested in knowing what champs that are viable in sr (that means played in ranked high elo with success and in tournaments with success) are not viable in dominion in srs business mode.

SylianEUW

09-15-2012

Morgana is not that great in Dominion. Being able to safety push and then roam is not really used much in Dominion, her ultimate is on a long cooldown, her E is slightly less useful since there are less magic damage in Dominion overall. I'm not sure I would say "not viable", but she's not a top pick at the moment.

I might consider Shen as well. Again, he's not that bad in Dominion, but all the nerfs aimed at SR hurt him quite a bit. Still, his ulti is useful, albeit on a very long cooldown.

Twisted Fate is also a champion that tends to do better in SR than Dominion.

SylianEUW

09-15-2012

Oh, and one of the number one champions that does well in SR but not so much in Dominion: Soraka. Soraka bot lane can work, but for top lane, she's not very useful. Taric, as well, is outshined in Dominion.

Cottontail Teemo

09-15-2012

Twisted fate

larkhill

09-15-2012

really depends on what u call viable.

a lot of the long range zoning champs dont do well in dom at all. orianna/xerath are a great example. they do their job well in sr but in dom their skills arent needed at all.

a lot of the long ult cd champs get kinda weak in dom. karthus/shen come to mind.

other champs might still be viable in dom, but require a very specific and awkward build, as well as the opponent underestimating you, to make it work. a lot of the supports fall into this category. sona/janna come to mind here.

the ad carries generally dont do well either. graves is a good example of a really safe and good ad carry in SR but in dom, he's just not that great.

glass cannon mages like leblanc dont do well in dom at all. if u play aggressive and snowball in SR, u will do well with them. in dom, unless its a complete stomp, u will fall off VERY hard in late game dom. veigar also comes to mind here.

junglers dont do well in dom for the obvious reason that there is no jungle. shyvana (while fun to troll with tiamat), wont do well in dom.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
junglers dont do well in dom for the obvious reason that there is no jungle.
except that junglers are often tanks (which work) or Bruisers (which work) or Diana (OPOPOPOPOP)

WaterD103

09-15-2012

So for now I read:
Twisted fate
Morgana
Shyvana
Graves
Karthus
Soraka
Taric
Orianna

Janna/sona (come on, everybody knows they are great in dominion wtf is naming those)

Champs named that do not fit my description (they are not viable as far as i know in SR either):
Veigar
Xerath

Kirboom

09-15-2012

I believe that Cho'Gath is under performed in dominion. He can't really utilize his passive as well, or his Ultimate. Lots of deaths (usually) in dominion, as well as the low amount of laning done prevents you from getting 4-6 stacks consistently. Three minutes to get three stacks, all to be wiped in one death.

jremmons

09-15-2012

Kennen, Renekton, Draven Sivir, and Miss Fortune are some of the champions that, though somewhat viable in Dominion, are much less successful/valuable picks than in SR.

WaterD103

09-15-2012

Kennen is not played anymore in Sr , Drave and sivir are not considered viable in SR. Read my first post to see what qualifies as viable.