Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What's your stance on the phrase "gg noobs"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slavik1

09-15-2012

Just "gg noobs" in one game (guy says nothing except it and reported only in 1 game) = pardon/skip
"gg noobs" in half or more games = punish
Evidence making me 50/50 at punish/skip + "gg noobs" at the end = punish.
"easy" = I count "easy" as 1/2 or 1/3 of "noobs", therefore "easy" at all of 5 reported games would be punishable.

I generally hate word "noob" so in the end "gg noobs" has solid influence on my punish verdict.

Tritotamar

09-15-2012

I always punish when I see "gg noobs" "gg ez" or anything to that effect.

I know it's going to lose me a lot of "Justice" rating, but after seeing cases like this http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5709429/#nogo getting pardoned, I'm having a hard time believing that it's actually indicative of correct judgments.

Ladnil

09-15-2012

If that's the only offense, I don't think it exceeds the threshold of punishment. It is a contributing factor though, and if someone says it in conjunction with other offenses, it makes me more likely to punish.

Freezman13

09-15-2012

I think saying gg noobs at end chat is punishable .

UglyPete

09-15-2012

Quote:
EPBF Kilroy:
The "GG NOOBS" game was only reported by one enemy and it was said within the final seconds of the game and not done so repeatedly. The enemy team left the game, reqeueued and got on with their lives. It had no true impact to the game.

Had he smacked talked, even a little, prior to that statement, I would have clicked Punish.

This kind of attitude has no place in the game as it adds nothing to the game at all. Am I saying the guy should be perma banned? No, but a warning that little jabs like this if continued could result in a punishment would be great. The majority of people reported to the tribunal should get some warning over a pardon. I know myself if I was reported for something I'd like to know even if I did get a pardon because at the end of the day I don't want anyone else in game to get upset over something I've said.

Einherjar Maken

09-15-2012

Punishable.

treef0rm

09-15-2012

As stated before, look at what else theyve done. 90% of the time theyre toxic other than the gg noobs as well. So normally punish.

Also

time to spam gg noobs/scrubs after every game. thanks riot.

WashedLaundry

09-15-2012

I don't particularly see why it should be punishable. It's a minor thing to say, even if it is hurtful, and you can just ignore the guy, requeue up immediately afterwards, and never see him/her again. If the guy says "GG Noobs" and that's it, it shouldn't be. If the guy acts like a dick throughout the entire game and then says that? I'd say punish him then. Something small like that is really negligible on its own and I don't see how it should be punishable.

So I'd like to hear your explanations of why it should be.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it's hurtful and I clearly see that, but I don't think a player should be banned for it.

UglyPete

09-15-2012

Quote:
WashedLaundry:
I don't particularly see why it should be punishable. It's a minor thing to say, even if it is hurtful, and you can just ignore the guy, requeue up immediately afterwards, and never see him/her again. If the guy says "GG Noobs" and that's it, it shouldn't be. If the guy acts like a dick throughout the entire game and then says that? I'd say punish him then. Something small like that is really negligible on its own and I don't see how it should be punishable.

So I'd like to hear your explanations of why it should be.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it's hurtful and I clearly see that, but I don't think a player should be banned for it.

The majority of the punished cases are mostly warnings or temporary bans. People that get perma banned are people going through the tribunal multiple times and have banned for short amounts of time. Even if the person gets banned for a couple of days is that so bad?
A forced break from the game for a couple of days could help to really open the offenders eyes.

CabecoteNA

09-15-2012

It's not OK, I would press punish too.