What's your stance on the phrase "gg noobs"?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morzas

Senior Member

09-15-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5704263/#nogo

I voted to punish this case because he said "gg noobs". I was in the minority. Can someone here explain to me why it's OK to say this phrase?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StopTryingKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-15-2012

Now we know it's not banable. I guess we can start using it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-15-2012

I'm pretty sure that a Rioter said that "gg noobs" was punishable. Don't remember who specifically.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StopTryingKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthesse View Post
I'm pretty sure that a Rioter said that "gg noobs" was punishable. Don't remember who specifically.
New proof shows otherwise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Serious Pants

Senior Member

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5704263/#nogo

I voted to punish this case because he said "gg noobs". I was in the minority. Can someone here explain to me why it's OK to say this phrase?
The "GG NOOBS" game was only reported by one enemy and it was said within the final seconds of the game and not done so repeatedly. The enemy team left the game, reqeueued and got on with their lives. It had no true impact to the game.

Had he smacked talked, even a little, prior to that statement, I would have clicked Punish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanata Futaki

Member

09-15-2012

Figures...When opponents say that just to spite you when you were doing so well owning them, but your team decides to feed... Yeah...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kedali

Senior Member

09-15-2012

I hit punish when I see it, but I also had a case where the guy said gg noobs after the game and the majority pardoned. I guess it really can't get you banned after all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morzas

Senior Member

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPBF Kilroy View Post
The "GG NOOBS" game was only reported by one enemy and it was said within the final seconds of the game and not done so repeatedly. The enemy team left the game, reqeueued and got on with their lives. It had no true impact to the game.

Had he smacked talked, even a little, prior to that statement, I would have clicked Punish.
It's disrespectful. You already beat them, so why kick them when they're down? And it's against The Code. I punish anyone who says "gg noobs" at the end of a game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoyalSequence

Senior Member

09-15-2012

personally I auto punish if I see the phrase, guess im with you in the minority or people are seeing the other games or not reading the logs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2ShotKO

Member

09-15-2012

personally I don't think "GG noobs" on its own is punishable. I do find it obnoxious to say, and it's certainly not good sportsmanship at the end of a game, but I don't think it really qualifies a player to be punished for it, as i don't think it's bad enough for someone to be considered "toxic" to the community for doing it. I would probably have to look at other games or the rest of the chat log to see if the player is constantly problematic and deserves punishment, rather than judging from a single moment of immaturity at the end.

Also, if a player is provoked/verbally abused by the enemy team all game, and ends up making one or two cracks in retaliation, including "GG Noobs," I don't think the provoked player should be at fault. But that's a different matter i suppose.


123