Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mini Brolaf Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cfuson

09-21-2010

Like some of you i have dropped to an extremely low elo and after loseing 5 games in 1 day i decided to play olaf and carry my teams. After playing Olaf for 3-5 games i started to see what makes Olaf such a great champion.

Brolaf the mid-late game destroyer!

The best way to build Olaf if to get alot of Lifesteal, Attack Speed and Attack Damage with some Armor Pen thrown in. Always max Undertow (Q) whenever its possible then get his Vicious Strikes (W). Vicious Strikes is the most important skill with olaf, Combine the lifesteal of Vixious Strikes with Starks or Bloodthirst and Ragnarok (R) (which makes olaf basically unstopable) and u honestly cant die to any 1vs1 or any 1vs2 situations as long as your Ragnarok is up. Reckless Swing (E) is situational, It does 340 True dmg at skill lvl 5 and its really only used as an extra attack.

Lvl 1: Get a Doran's Shield and an HP potion then head to your lane. get undertow and harass early game, dont play to agressive and last hit creeps for gold, This will help u farm the gold u will need for boots 1 and vamp scepter.

Lvl 6: Depending on how u farmed u should have boots 1, (or better) and a Vamp Scepter.
Now u have some survivability u can go to your lane and play a little more aggressive. Use your Vicious Strikes and undertow and u should net a couple of kills. Watch for easy ganks and dragon spawns, which olaf does very well. Continue farming gold, getting kills and pushing tower.

Lvl 11: Mid Game, You should have quite a bit of gold in your pocket and you are ready to spend it. Now i know alot of people advise buying frozen mallet on olaf as the 2nd item in the build but honestly its to expensive for a first item. Go to base finish your boots (if u havent) and your Starks. You should also have enough money for Last Whisper (+10dmg and 40% AS i think). This gives Olaf more then enough AS and Lifesteal to last the rest of the game.

Lvl 18: Late Game, Again items in late game are situational. u should get work on getting items like Frozen Mallet, Infinity Edge, Black Cleaver, Thornmail (if melee heavy) or Banshee (if caster heavy).

This is what my usual item build looks like.

#1 Doran's Shield + HP pot
#2 Boots (merc or ninja)
#3 Vamp - Starks or Bloodthirst (if someone else gets starks)
#4 Last Whisperer
#5 Frozen Mallet
#6 IE

Game is usually over at the 35 min mark and i usually have items 1-4 and a Phage made. This build have been extremely good for me in low elo so i hope it helps u guys. Went
4-0 with it last night at about a 43-8 KD Ratio (i usually play aggressive in low elo) but since the patch today i get the bugsplat so i wont be able to log back in today.

Let me know what u guys think.

Toxic72

09-21-2010

Jungle Olaf > Laning Olaf.

I would get Phage, then Starks, then finish Mallet. Survivability after that usually, if the game is going well Bloodthirster (all the same items you have, just in a different order).

Last Whisper seems like a waste unless you're fighting tanks.

Cfuson

09-21-2010

Every Olaf i have seen that rushes mallet usually sucks (just from what iv seen) and i usually kill them really easy. Now last whisperer may not seem like a good item but it is. When i play in these low elo games im usually the carry which means im doing everything from tanking and killing. hell the last game i played i went like 16/5? something like that. Mallet is to expensive to rush, in the time u farm mallet u could have every 1-4 item on my list.

Von Nicklesnout

09-21-2010

To be honest I wouldn't go for a whole lot of lifesteal on Olaf, due to his passive getting progressively stronger with the lower your health is. That being said, if the game is going bad i'd get Starks over Last Whisper since Ragnarok already offers a substantial boost to your Armor Penetration.

Or if it's going good get Bloodthirster, dunno. What I do know though is that if you want to be a carry Jungle Olaf it's funny to max out Undertow first and throw it at a squishy.

After that last thread one's personal core for a Jungle Loaf is:

Mallet
Lantern
Boots(Depends on game)

Then something like Banshee's Veil for hard CC teams, and maybe an Aegis of the Legion to be an anchor* Brolaf.

*Anchor was stolen from Udyr's little take on Mordekaiser, seems fitting. Only real complaint with "Tank" Olaf is you have no real initiation, and people can ignore you if your teammates are super squishy.

Camaraven

09-21-2010

I'm having huge issues with olaf that screws me in the early game. I only play normal games. It seems that every game has a garen, xin or some other tanky dps mixed with a couple carries. I can't seem to put enough gold in my pocket to compete. Last game we had a garen who at level 11, I was 8 and the twitch by me was 8. We ran up on him while he was bashing the turret. Twitch unloaded his ult, I was going to town spamming all my stuff. This garen proceeded to blade storm into me and twitch causing both of us to run, while he took 5 hits from the turret. He finally left around 25 percent health. We couldn't scratch the guy. How can a tanky dps like loaf compete with that? It can't be bad play style, or I suck, ornwhatever the usual talk is.. With that kind of power behind a bunch of carries, ther isn't much I can do.

So do as olaf in those situations, unsure how to play him.. Tanky loaf with a mallet isn't doing squat in a team fight with tanky deeps like garen and xin

Brosiris

09-21-2010

You really need tank items in there, you can't just go full DPS because you'll get aoe****ed. It's situational, but probably either randuin's or banshee's work well with Olaf, or even a sunfire cape or two.