Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Problem I see with the new Tribunal Ladder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathbyrats

Senior Recruiter

09-15-2012

From the looks of it, people tend to only look at the first game they come across before deciding punish or pardon. If I know this, and want to improve my rating, it means I should vote more by what I think others will vote, instead of voting how I feel about it.

For example, someone gets reported in three games. The first two are relatively tame, pardonable, but the last game is toxic, harassing teammates and intentionally feeding. I feel that he should be punished for that third game, but if I want to improve my rating, I should vote pardon based on the 66.6% chance that people will just read one of the first two games and vote to pardon.

Anaxamander

Recruiter

09-15-2012

This has been addressed! They set up a thing where the game order is random, in your case if there's only the three games, 33% of the tribunal will see that "bad" game first.

Retired Noob

09-15-2012

The problem with this is, that ONLY 33% sees it first. That means that most likely, those other 67% will simply pardon. Randomizing it doesn't completely address the problem. Based on what reds have said, even one game is punishable, even if the other 4 are not. However, if 80% of them see the pardonable games first, then that is an 80% majority in favor of pardons, assuming people are reading only the first game.

AlphariusRising

09-15-2012

Quote:
Retired Noob:
The problem with this is, that ONLY 33% sees it first. That means that most likely, those other 67% will simply pardon. Randomizing it doesn't completely address the problem. Based on what reds have said, even one game is punishable, even if the other 4 are not. However, if 80% of them see the pardonable games first, then that is an 80% majority in favor of pardons, assuming people are reading only the first game.

Assuming that 100% of the people are only reading the first game before deciding, and would pardon all the other games. But lots of people look at all the games, and many people punish just for the sake of punishing.

Retired Noob

09-15-2012

The requirements to be allowed to use the Tribunal just need to be more stringent. Otherwise, you have too many people who don't really care, and the people who do get drowned out sometimes.

Garmanda

09-15-2012

I must added that at least for me, 1 game is not even punishable. If its just 1 game he is not toxic, he was just not in a good time.

Freezman13

09-15-2012

Quote:
Garmanda:
I must added that at least for me, 1 game is not even punishable. If its just 1 game he is not toxic, he was just not in a good time.

it's not like the person will get permabanned from 1 game , being toxic in 1 game deserves a punish , he will get a warning if it's his first time , next time he will not be toxic even if he had a bad time. Having a bad game should not mean that you have the right to make it bad for everyone else , even if it's only 1 game .