"Community doesn't agree with me. I'm done with Tribunal."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methelod

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucchinii View Post
Like I said. Some people who have nothing better to do, will decide to read through it instead of just skim through.

It's not a good fix, you're right. But 20 seconds ENCOURAGES people to skim through it so they can just get on with the new cases.

Other than increasing the timer, we need more incentives for players to do the right thing.
Again, when we had a minute timer, when we had a captcha, neither is going to change that many peoples minds.

As I've stated in another thread as well, I believe that adding obvious punish cases within games that are not the first game would increase the accuracy somewhat. Players will at the very least SKIM the other cases which would solve a lot of the problems with these obvious cases getting pardoned.

Ragnar Draconus

09-15-2012

There is a difference between leniency and ineffectiveness. It's pretty clear that people are trying to game the new system - as was predicted in previous threads. Before this update I had 80-90% accuracy according to the tribunal satisfaction app. Now I'm sitting at below 40%. So many terrible cases getting pardoned is astonishing.

Mr Serious Pants

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
all of my 'incorrect' cases seem to be ones where i chose to punish for the use of 'noob' and general put downs. Also quite a few people have trouble telling if someone is feeding like this case http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5706901/#nogo
It's apparent to me that the player repeatedly farmed solo, without warding, even after his teammates told him to stop going solo.
He wasn't using any wards, while feeding mid. (A "no mia noobs" and the like is an indication of no wards)

EDIT:

I just had an epiphany...
These "questionable" cases will, indeed, be their reform cards, should the majority vote to Punish. A "questionable" case. more often than not, will make for a sh**** reform card that will most likely only cause the player to grief harder out of frustration (be it in the forums or in the game).

From this point on, I'm pardoning all "questionable" that would do nothing but create frustration and anger from a terrible Reform Card.

Lucchinii

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Again, when we had a minute timer, when we had a captcha, neither is going to change that many peoples minds.

As I've stated in another thread as well, I believe that adding obvious punish cases within games that are not the first game would increase the accuracy somewhat. Players will at the very least SKIM the other cases which would solve a lot of the problems with these obvious cases getting pardoned.
It won't change MANY people's minds, but it will to SOME. That is better than nothing.

As it stands, the 20 second timer ENCOURAGES people to skim through cases.

Just because it won't be an effective change, doesn't mean the timer should not be increased.

I've felt like just skimming through some cases because I could already vote.
I'm pretty sure people have skimmed through cases because of the short timer.

TwiliteSparkle

09-15-2012

Ok this is stupid there was a majority didn't agree when i punished a guy telling people they should go burn themselves and how much they sucked along with alot of other colourful comments.

If this is considered justice and how people get banned its no wonder there's still so many toxic players in this game.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucchinii View Post
It won't change MANY people's minds, but it will to SOME. That is better than nothing.

As it stands, the 20 second timer ENCOURAGES people to skim through cases.

Just because it won't be an effective change, doesn't mean the timer should not be increased.

I've felt like just skimming through some cases because I could already vote.
I'm pretty sure people have skimmed through cases because of the short timer.
I made a quick thread about this.
20seconds just isnt long enough to thoroughly look over every case, even 30seconds could improve the accuracy due to peoples impatience.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaksiTora View Post
Ok this is stupid there was a majority didn't agree when i punished a guy telling people they should go burn themselves and how much they sucked along with alot of other colourful comments.

If this is considered justice and how people get banned its no wonder there's still so many toxic players in this game.
ive come across at least 10 cases where the accused has told people to kill themselves and/or 'go die'.
Its disgusting and SOMETHING needs to be done.

JohnnyOmega

09-15-2012

This thread has been added to Discussions of Interest in A Guide To Tribunal, for its relevancy in the experience of the Tribunal members.

Slavik1

09-15-2012

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

You have my keyboard, Smurfbiel. I will keep voting even if my accuracy would be 10% and my elo around 200. I would rate my strictness on 7/10 though.

Choale

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Thanks for posting this. The Tribunal is an iterative process--a collaboration between Team PB&J and the community. Without full transparency in the Reform Cards and Justice Reviews, players often felt the Tribunal was this black box that was far too harsh. We heard complaints all the time that players were "banned for no reason."

As you can see, the Tribunal is actually quite lenient. However, with full transparency now Team PB&J and the community can work together to start shaping up the community according to a higher standard. Launching these features was the first step to making true differences in the community and we need participation and feedback more than ever.
I 100% agree with your drive for transparency. I don't think anyone realized just how lenient the tribunal was.

There has to be a way, though, that you can filter out intolerant people. It's one thing to play this game and get frustrated and bad mouth. You walk away feeling bad. But playing against someone who uses awful, awful language that has been used to shame people for centuries and knowing they probably won't be punished for it is an awful feeling.

I'm not going to stop doing tribunal cases, but I'm not exactly feeling motivated. Who are the people at the top of the ladder, getting more cases and more say in what serves this community? I'm afraid it's the same people who allow this language, and that scares me.