"Community doesn't agree with me. I'm done with Tribunal."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucchinii View Post
The community needs an incentive to do the right thing.

I can just as easily spam pardons to get my Elo back up, since everyone is just falsely pardoning.

We should also be forced to look through all games. It's dumb that we have like a 20 second timer and people just skim through the cases without actually looking at it.
People would just click all tabs and then do what they normally would

Retired Noob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

You don't even have to read though. You can open it, then do something else, or go to another tab, then go and vote.

Lucchinii

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Kids Dad View Post
The new system started today. Since we only got to perform 20 cases and my record show 37+ cases I am going to assume cases from the last couple of days have been moved to the new system too. What we are seeing is the flaws of the old IP reward system. Judging for money doesn't not get you a lot of quality results. Since from here on out there is no IP reward I think a lot of the low quality people will be dropping off and in the next couple of weeks we hopefully will see a over all better end result.
Didn't they say there will be achievements from the tribunal?
Many people will want to abuse the system to get the achievements.

Methelod

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
If I'm reading this correctly, you want to make the players who are higher up on the rankings have more cases per day? I want this, but I don't because then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Player A has 20 cases and is just starting out in the tribunal. Player B has 20 cases as well.

Lets say player A has a bad start, and is sent down the rankings so he is stuck at 20 cases. Player B on the other hand gets a good start and gets extra cases, let's say 5. This means that player B has more push within the voting community (Because he sees more cases) and assuming he doesn't do anything blatantly wrong, his power would continue to grow because of this giving him more power which gives him more power. Whereas player A is now going to have to work harder to make himself heard on the grey areas because he is lower on the chain. Since he has less power this means that his votes are less likely to be correct and it creates a situation where the few at the top control those at the bottom.

Although rewarding accurate judges should be done, it should be done to dissuade those who are in it for a reward. I personally feel that in regards to the 'false pardon' situation that Riot should implement obviously false cases BUT the first case seen for ALL players is something that isn't pardonable but the second, or third case or fifth etc. randomized so people don't know which case it is when they see it is an obvious punish including racial slurs, harassment and various other terrible things. Anyone who pardons this case would be reprimanded because they are NOT reading the cases correctly, while anyone who punishes can go on because they have proven to be an accurate judge who is looking for correctness.

Copied from another thread, relevant to rewards and to improve accuracy of judges reading cases.

Lucchinii

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranhei View Post
People would just click all tabs and then do what they normally would
Some people will actually decide to just read through it though.

Even if it didn't change anything, 20 second timer is just too short. By the time I'm completely done reviewing a case, 1-5 minutes have gone by.

Never 20 seconds.

Karolina

09-15-2012

That OP made me feel dumber !
Great post, we should all keep that in mind :3

Kedali

09-15-2012

I don't care about my justice score, but I do care about the fact that blatant racism and abuse is getting pardoned by a significant majority vote. How can I believe the tribunal is worth participating in when some of the worst behavior the community has to offer is getting pardoned by a large majority of people?

Either the people using it have a vastly different idea of what is and isn't OK than I do, or the system is so broken that putting effort into it is meaningless as there's no actual consistency or reason behind the verdicts.

Methelod

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucchinii View Post
Some people will actually decide to just read through it though.

Even if it didn't change anything, 20 second timer is just too short. By the time I'm completely done reviewing a case, 1-5 minutes have gone by.

Never 20 seconds.
No. Lucchinii, increasing the timer does not work. Think about it, if you've made a decision, you are just going to alt tab and do something else. I've decided cases within five seconds of reading them. (Massive spamming or racial slurs) All the timer does is really prevent people from spamming a vote to get the rewards.

My point is that people are either going to read, regardless of the timer, or they aren't.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-15-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Thanks for posting this. The Tribunal is an iterative process--a collaboration between Team PB&J and the community. Without full transparency in the Reform Cards and Justice Reviews, players often felt the Tribunal was this black box that was far too harsh. We heard complaints all the time that players were "banned for no reason."

As you can see, the Tribunal is actually quite lenient. However, with full transparency now Team PB&J and the community can work together to start shaping up the community according to a higher standard. Launching these features was the first step to making true differences in the community and we need participation and feedback more than ever.

Lucchinii

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
No. Lucchinii, increasing the timer does not work. Think about it, if you've made a decision, you are just going to alt tab and do something else. I've decided cases within five seconds of reading them. (Massive spamming or racial slurs) All the timer does is really prevent people from spamming a vote to get the rewards.

My point is that people are either going to read, regardless of the timer, or they aren't.
Like I said. Some people who have nothing better to do, will decide to read through it instead of just skim through.

It's not a good fix, you're right. But 20 seconds ENCOURAGES people to skim through it so they can just get on with the new cases.

Other than increasing the timer, we need more incentives for players to do the right thing.