Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pricing Options and Bundles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zetskey

10-18-2010

I don't know if anyone already said this i'll be honest and say i didn't read every page but...

What about an option to choose the champions you want in some kinda bundle pack but only having the ability to choose a limited number with a discount on the bundle pack? Or something like this or close to it (if it hasn't already been said before)
Example: Bundle pack of 5 champions with the ability to choose 2 of the 5 with the remaining 3 being random or based on a compliment to the 2 champions purchased/chosen by the buyer through some kind of algorithm. Such as if they choose 2 tanks they will prolly get 3 dps or 2 dps + supporter.

Ofcourse ppl will prolly tell me its a bad idea when i say this: The reason it would be 2 of 5 and not 5 of 5 is so that riot games would still be able to make money since players would have to pay more money (or get ip) for the other few champions they want. Because profit is -always- good for any business.

Woozl

10-18-2010

New pricing options: 975 RP OR 6300 IP.

Invoker3

10-18-2010

The thumbnail says "play league of legends your way" ... ffs this isnt burger king get a new motto.

Ass4ssiN

Recruiter

10-21-2010

Can someone explain me how to get free champion only trought playing??

RazorBurn

10-22-2010

Yeah, hey Ass4ssiN. Here's what you do:

Play a bunch of games with some of the currently free 10 champions available to you right now. Everytime you finish a game, you will earn some IP points. You will see this information on the top of your screen at the end of each game. You earn bonus points for winning, and there is a really big bonus for your first win of the day (every 22 hours this is available again.)

Once you have earned some IP points, go to the Store (little shopping cart icon on the main menu), and click the 'Champions' button at the bottom. This will display all the champions available for you to purchase with RP and IP points. Once you have enough IP points, you can now purchase a new champion that will ALWAYS be available for you to play on your account, regardless of the 10 free champions.

Enjoy!

RazorBurn

10-22-2010

In response to the original question (from pre-release):

Wow, i was first introduced to League of Legends by word of mouth, and seen it for the first time at PAX Prime 2009. In hind-sight, I have been playing this game non-stop since that very day. What a great game, it is by far taken over all my other game-play on my PC and consoles.

It has almost been 1 year since the original post and I'm finally getting around to answering. My CHOICE UPON RE-LEASE DAY will be: FREE PLAY.

It isn't because I don't think this game is worth anything. It is obviously worth a great deal to me since I play it every day. I have played over 1000 games this year and earned a lot of IP points. I have unlocked all but 12 champions on my own FOR FREE. It has been a lot of work, and I have enjoyed every minute. But I have found it to be more economical to spend my hard earned money on SKINS rather than Champions and other bundles.

Skins are the one thing that you cannot purchase with IP and to this end, it made the most sense to me to save my money to try to make my gaming experience as unique as possible. In this way Riot has given me vast opportunities to support them with their sales model by continuing to produce great artistry and content. I really respect the way this was handled with the 'Free Play' option, and will admit I have spent over $100 on skins alone this year, much more than I would spend on most other video games. To be honest, it may be much more than $100, but at some point you kind of lose track.

So FREE PLAY was my choice, and I'm happy to say that it worked out nicely both for myself and for RIOT. Well done team.

In Hind-Sight, it probably would have been worth it to get the 40 champions up front. By now I probably would have unlocked all the champions. But don't worry, I will get there soon enough.

Antibreeder

10-23-2010

First off, I enjoy LoL. I've already spent a good chunk of money on both bundles and then a dozen skins. I enjoy supporting this game.

Following the previous two bundles I would expect to see the following:
[Akali, Shen, Kog, Malz, Udyr, Nidalee, Sona, MF, Vlad, Garen, Urgot, Kennen, Morde, Ezreal, Pantheon, Xin Zhao, Galio, Olaf, Gargas, and Poppy]

Because it is newer content I could see either excluding some of the champions or adding in some random skins or other miscellaneous to justify increasing the RP cost over the other two bundles. 3-5K RP for 20 champs is fine by me.

So now I am in a pickle about acquiring the remaining champions. Do I really want to spend any RP or IP on champions that will likely become available in the future? If I could get some feedback about either an expected bundle release date (if they're planning one) or about IP/RP reimbursement, then I could stop saving and start spending.

However, for instant gratification spending $7.50 per champion does not sound worthwhile (much less $15 for an inefficient bundle). Dropping $50 every couple months for ~20 champions on the other hand seems more appealing.

If Riot were trying to appeal to more people a custom bundle package along the lines of (1-2) 6300 IP champs, (1-2) 3150 IP champs, and then another random champ or skin or something for 1-2K RP. Or just reduce the cost, because at least for the 3150 champs, 975 RP definitely seems overkill.

tl;dr

Dear Riot, let me give monnies.

Marceloide

10-23-2010

SMS RP system is coming? SWEET

YN0T619

10-25-2010

can you post a list of the next upcoming sales? :x

Manuki

10-25-2010

I don't like this idea because it will eventually lead to more stuff being priced.