Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pricing Options and Bundles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Huggle

11-16-2009

This is a really nice sales pitch and all but it seems prohibitive. I went down to my local EB to see if they had league of legends collectors pack, they did... for $60 Aus. Considering how strong the aussie $ is at the moment I would expect maybe $33-35 with conversion rates and maybe $40 for the stores to take $5 or so profit, but $60?
You guys spend a lot of time on PR and marketing as shown above, but it is clearly not applicable to the Australian gaming community.

Elmnir

11-16-2009

Again, I bought the game to encourage Riot, NOT for the advantages. So if this sounds like a rant, well it's not. I'm just trying to help.

While I do like LoL more than HoN, we all have to agree that they're pretty similar, as they're both based on the same game. And to be honest, I think that for 30$ you get a ***LOT*** more out of HoN than LoL.

In HoN, you pay 30$ and **EVERY** additional piece of content added after the launch will be given to you. Not only does this 30$ nets you around 70 champions, but you also get all the ones that will come later on! Sure you don't get skins... but who cares about skins?!

I seriously think that the marketing division of Riot should give a lot more thought into what those who BUY the game will get. 2 skins, 20 champions and 10$? Come on, guys! You can do better! I know you don't want to make buyers more powerful, but you HAVE to give them something. Why not additional maps? That wouldn't make them more powerful: it would simply make their experience more pleasant. Anyhow, that's not my job. I'm just saying that to compete with HoN you have to do much better than what you're offering now.

I'm always willing to help finding new ideas, so let me know!

11-16-2009

Quote:
Elmnir:
In HoN, you pay 30$ and **EVERY** additional piece of content added after the launch will be given to you. Not only does this 30$ nets you around 70 champions, but you also get all the ones that will come later on! Sure you don't get skins... but who cares about skins?!

What will be the incentive to develop more champions though? Demigod also made the same promise of additional heroes after release... and, well...

Elmnir

11-16-2009

Quote:
Meta:
What will be the incentive to develop more champions though? Demigod also made the same promise of additional heroes after release... and, well...

Yea well Demigod was a total flop... One of the most hacked game of 2008 (or was it 2007?) lol! But then again, HoN didn't promise that they will make new heroes. But judging by what we currently see, they probably will. And even if they didn't, their lineup is pretty complete and good.

...and it's still more than LoL. :P

Razerwind

11-16-2009

This is really cool. Finally some info.

To all the people bitching about HoN: you know that LoL is free, right? Sure, it may cost $60 or whatever instead of $30 to get everything, but HoN doesn't have the option period of getting everything for free. That counts for something.

Elad

Recruiter

11-16-2009

Mark me down for the Champions pack. I'd rather spend my (limited) IP on runes.

Elmnir

11-16-2009

Quote:
Razerwind:
This is really cool. Finally some info.

To all the people bitching about HoN: you know that LoL is free, right? Sure, it may cost $60 or whatever instead of $30 to get everything, but HoN doesn't have the option period of getting everything for free. That counts for something.

If it was ONLY free, I wouldn't "complain". But as soon as you offer a product for sale, you have to compete with others who offer a similar product for a similar price.

Yes, LoL can be free, but this is completely irrelevant: if you paid for something you have to get something in return. Simple economics.

Bardal

11-16-2009

Quote:
Elmnir:
Yea well Demigod was a total flop... One of the most hacked game of 2008 (or was it 2007?) lol! But then again, HoN didn't promise that they will make new heroes. But judging by what we currently see, they probably will. And even if they didn't, their lineup is pretty complete and good.

...and it's still more than LoL. :P

Demigod only had what 8 champs? so yeah compared to LoL's 40-42 champs I'll take LoL any day. and they do add new ones a lot.

reziel

11-16-2009

I appreciate this post and the new options. Not for my sake, but for the sake of the people who A: Want to support your company with cash (which I am all for), and B: so people stop complaining already.

reziel

11-16-2009

Quote:
Hugglebug:
This is a really nice sales pitch and all but it seems prohibitive. I went down to my local EB to see if they had league of legends collectors pack, they did... for $60 Aus. Considering how strong the aussie $ is at the moment I would expect maybe $33-35 with conversion rates and maybe $40 for the stores to take $5 or so profit, but $60?
You guys spend a lot of time on PR and marketing as shown above, but it is clearly not applicable to the Australian gaming community.

That sounds like price-gouging to me. Aren't there laws against that?. . .(Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's a U.S. only thing?)