Pricing Options and Bundles

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdmiralKrunk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-16-2009

I enjoy the fact that there are many options open to players, but to be frank, paying $45 to unlock all the Champions at launch is kind of a rip. Why would I want to pay additional money to unlock everything right away and then not even have instant access to new heroes when I could switch to Heroes of Newerth and get everything there is and everything there will be for the price of the LoL Collector's Pack. If you want to be nice to your players and keep a competitive edge, let Collector's Pack buyers (like myself) unlock every hero and to hell with paying additional money for more heroes.

Elmnir

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
Unfortunately you're basing this off his confusing graph. The Champion Bundle is actually $25. The $14.99 is after your $10 RP from the Collector's Edition, which RiotChris has assumed you're spending on the Champion Bundle and included in his graphic.

So in short, it will cost you $15 to upgrade.
Great, many thanks my friend. Although I was secretly hoping that I was right haha!

Meta

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralKrunk View Post
I enjoy the fact that there are many options open to players, but to be frank, paying $45 to unlock all the Champions at launch is kind of a rip. Why would I want to pay additional money to unlock everything right away and then not even have instant access to new heroes when I could switch to Heroes of Newerth and get everything there is and everything there will be for the price of the LoL Collector's Pack. If you want to be nice to your players and keep a competitive edge, let Collector's Pack buyers (like myself) unlock every hero and to hell with paying additional money for more heroes.
How many heroes will HoN ship with? Will they be designing additional content after release? Will it be free, or for sale?

Not trying to debunk any arguments here, just curious since I'm uninformed.

Lafali

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
How many heroes will HoN ship with? Will they be designing additional content after release? Will it be free, or for sale?

HoN is $30 and will have ~70+ Heroes I believe. Many are dota clones, but a good bit are new heroes.

Meta

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafali View Post
HoN is $30 and will have ~70+ Heroes I believe. Many are dota clones, but a good bit are new heroes.
Ahhh, that's pretty interesting. When I tried beta a couple months back they only had like... 20 heroes, which was a little discouraging.

Also, do you know if they're planning to continue releasing content after release, or will they just drop it and be done?

themitey1

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

I think alot of people forget that you can still not pay anything at all and unlock everything...

Valkor

11-16-2009

Quote:
Ahhh, that's pretty interesting. When I tried beta a couple months back they only had like... 20 heroes, which was a little discouraging.

Also, do you know if they're planning to continue releasing content after release, or will they just drop it and be done?
It looks like they have 57 now.

All looking exactly the same and dead serious

AdmiralKrunk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-16-2009

Quote:

No offense taken at all. Heroes of Newerth is $30 (at least it is right now at preorder). When you preorder it, you get all the content (just like buying most other games, i.e. War3) along with a few bonuses (reserving beta screenname, special icon, beta invites for friends, in-game taunt, and unique chat color). Currently, HoN has 57 heroes and you would get instant access to new heroes as they come out. Also, HoN seems to be much more advanced atm (for example, you can see where you rank among all players online, much like Battle.net). I'm just saying, paying $45 for less content opposed to $30 for more doesn't make sense. Of course, I don't like HoN that much and wouldn't switch from LoL for it... I just wouldn't pay anymore than I already have for the Collector's Pack.

AdmiralKrunk

Recruiter

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by themitey1 View Post
I think alot of people forget that you can still not pay anything at all and unlock everything...
Yea, but I would rather everyone have to pay $30 and get access to all heroes and maps instantly and therefore give Riot more money to develop their PVP client and statistics tracking, than having the option where you can play for free.

toomad

11-16-2009

The count of the champions is not really important. Sure it's nice to have more, but they need to be like they are in LoL (for example): really different.

Having x of y doesn't make something better. Borderlands has a bazillion guns, so what? That doesn't change the gameplay (I don't say it's a bad game!).