Pricing Options and Bundles

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sogart

11-16-2009

I personally think that having to unlock the heroes is a good idea 'cause i love to unlock stuff XD i just hope that the new coming heroes are good

letmegocheck

11-16-2009

Good move Chris, I have bought the collector's pack but will 95% surely upgrade to the even larger pack.

Lerrem

11-16-2009

If your trying to decide if the value is worth it, keep in mind that from the previous "riot store" information we have seen, a significant portion of the additional champions are in the high cost bracket to unlock with IP (I don't remember the specific term they used to describe them). So yes the original collectors addition is far better in terms of "characters unlocked per $," but they may be even when looking at the IP values of the characters you recieve.

A lot of people were asking for this so I think it is a good thing to add to the game. If you want it you can get it, if you don't feel free to ignore it. I think i would have to see the in store prices before I would consider this.

Nmaster64

11-16-2009

It'd be really nice to see the store prices and everything while the pack is still on sale.

Because, to be frank, it'd be a seriously dick move to only keep the champion pack on sale while we are in the dark on it's actual value...

Lafali

11-16-2009

I bought the collectors pack, but what I really wished you guys had done would be unlock everything for $30 (Same cost as HoN), or unlock with IP...and then skins cost some extra money. Right now, HoN looks more appealing, and is cheaper.

Elmnir

11-16-2009

To be honest, I only *bought* the Collector's Pack to encourage the team. I think their game is great and deserves our support. But hey, since I play with all champions, it's a good thing. Now I've been wondering something though:
The Champion + Collector is 49.99$, -5.00$ which is 44.99$
I bought the collector's pack: That's 30$
With this, I have 10$ in Riot points.
So from the top:
44.99 - 30 = 14.99 ([Champion + Collector] - Collector = A)
14.99 - 10 = 4.99 (A - Riot Points)
Which brings me to this question:
So it would only cost me 4.99$ to upgrade to the Champion Pack?
Please enlighten me, as the first post was VERY vague.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

It isn't a really bad deal, although I don't know why anyone would buy it if they already have the Collector's Edition or whatever they are calling it now.

Lerrem

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmnir View Post
To be honest, I only *bought* the Collector's Pack to encourage the team. I think their game is great and deserves our support. But hey, since I play with all champions, it's a good thing. Now I've been wondering something though:
So from the top:
Its actually $25 dollars, with a reduction of the 10 you already have down to $15. He already did that math before he posted it.

Phanman

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmnir View Post
So from the top:
Unfortunately you're basing this off his confusing graph. The Champion Bundle is actually $25. The $14.99 is after your $10 RP from the Collector's Edition, which RiotChris has assumed you're spending on the Champion Bundle and included in his graphic.

So in short, it will cost you $15 to upgrade.

Meta

11-16-2009

Cool, Thanks for doing this Riot.

Personally, I've gotten more enjoyment out of LoL than I do out of most $60 xbox games. I've already bought the $30 collector's pack, and will happily drop the extra $15 to have everything immediately unlocked. I'm sure playing long enough I would unlock them for free anyways, but I'd rather support Riot and have the luxury of having everything now.

Also, I figure if I'm ahead of the game in Inf points, then that's just more I can use to build ideal rune pages and unlock future champions.