Pricing Options and Bundles

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polokins

11-17-2009

tl;dr (fine I read the first 6 or so pages, but it was the same things over and over again and lots of walls of text.)

I'd like to say that people who DO pay money for Riot Points are going to have a gaming advantage, at least until everyone gets enough IP to get all the runes that they want for their books. You can't tell me that runes don't give you a massive advantage in game (crit chance/damage runes on Gangplank/Trynd etc, MP5, AP@18).

Also, for those of us that wait until other people have picked their heroes then pick whatever the team needs, we're going to have fun getting all the heroes we'd need to do that with.

Edit:
Even if I wanted to it'd probably cost too much for me to buy any of those and I don't know of any stores in New Zealand that have LoL (no credit card).

EditEdit:
http://www.cdwow.co.nz/games/LEAGUE-...dp/pc/10221355
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/P...gends/3162614/

Nevermind, lol at $43 AND $60 (save $10! yaaaaayyyy!)

x OZ x

11-17-2009

If you`ll include a special skin and an Avatar (people that spend 50$ deserve it)I`ll buy the other 20 champs immediately

mullsork

11-17-2009

I won't buy the game now, but both me and those I play with intend to buy it. I'm not so interested in skins, but rather just supporting Riot for this awesome game. To me this is the first game worth buying since Quake 4 (everyone who nags @ Quake 4 be damned!).

Also, open the store! :-D

Veridic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-17-2009

Ok, I didn't feel like reading all the responses as it is WAY too early. But I have a feeling you will find an extremely low amount of people wanting to purchase all champions right away- the reason being, not all champions are on the same level, you can only pick one champion per round- meaning it would be wise to have 5 favorites, so you can pick one at all times.

Offering to unlock at the price you have laid out for people with the collector's edition is silly- those with the collectors edition probably play quite a lot and know which champs they want and which they don't... spending their $10 of RP + more money on something easily reachable with IP that they DO NOT need and in most cases DO NOT want doesn't seem smart to me.

I hope people do buy it- but until some hardcore balancing hits this game- you will not see many purchases of ALL the champions... at least not by people who have played this game more than a week.

Phats

11-17-2009

First let me say that I will be tempted to purchase this just for continued support for the development.

It does seem that it is probably over priced by $5 - 10 from a value for money point of view. Either reducing the price slightly for people who already have the collectors edition unlock or perhaps adding skins/runes to the pack would make it more appealing to people.

Rydain

11-17-2009

I've put more hours into this game than a number of $60 Xbox 360 games. Paying $45 or $55 to be lazy and have most of the champs right away is worthwhile, since I play most of them anyways.

Then I can buy my runes with my IP.

The people complaining need to get over it. Go back to DotA or go buy HoN if it bothers you that much.

Quadaar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2009

All this is ok, but i just want to know one thing - when will store be open???????
Its already november 17th, its almost half of a day past, and i dont see any changes...

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-17-2009
4 of 16 Riot Posts

Gonna invoke the standard Blizzard mantra here:

It is ready when it is ready. Most of us don't think it's coming today, since it JUST entered beta on the Test Realm.

sidesofozz

11-17-2009

would be nice if the store was actually open, might have more of an interest to buy the game when you can actually spend the bonus points. also, when we gonna be able to use the rune system?? "release" release date for everything was announced for nov 17th, thats getting pushed back i assume?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-17-2009
5 of 16 Riot Posts

There will still be just as much incentive to buy the game after the store is open (only thing you're losing is the free XP boost). The rune system should be fully functional at the same time.

And yes, the release date for the store is currently unknown. I mean, technically it's today, but I think pretty much everyone assumes that that's not happening. Riot doesn't want to get burned again, so they haven't announced another release date. You can follow the store's progress easily by just creating a Test Forum account, though. They fixed dozens of bugs just last night.