How to build jungle Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slanderdota

09-15-2012

So just picked this guy up and so far have had decent results. My gameplay is ok besides getting the stun timing down but I am finding it hard to decide what to build based on my lineup. At my level of I tend to not count on my carry to carry all the weight so I like to build for some damage to help out but maybe being an immoveable wall would be even better. I have played almost exclusivley in the jungle and have focused on early and often ganking as opposed to lots of farming. I tend to build items like Hextech Gunblade, Trinity Force, Guardian Angel , Maw, Bloodthirster , Phantom Dancer , Warmogs. Any advice on how I could change up my builds to be more effective would be greatly appreciated.

Jarzelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Well, that seems to be a standard build for Jax. Jungling means that you would have less gold, so you need to do less with more.

A start would be something like a Cloth/5pot, or a boots/3pot. From there you would go wolves-blue-standard jungle route. You'd probably want to turn the cloth into a wriggle's for the sustain and faster clears, and the rest you can build normally.

However, Phantom Dancer on Jax gives a couple of wasted stats (crit), maybe try a Guinsoo's Rageblade. It's not only cheaper, but provides more of the things that Jax wants.

Tjlep

09-15-2012

This is a good guide to jungling Jax.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=22153

I would like to add that you can build Triforce if you are carrying. It is an amazing item on Jax but, the guaranteed slow and health from Frozen Mallet goes with the stats you get from Wriggles and Mercury Treds. In case you don't know, Frozen Mallet's slow doesn't stack with Triforce. So, only build one or the other.

Kcr‚sh

09-15-2012

TF > FM, especially on Jax
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/jax/276...gle-by-lexvink (overall is a far better build)

tacobff

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjlep View Post
This is a good guide to jungling Jax.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=22153

I would like to add that you can build Triforce if you are carrying. It is an amazing item on Jax but, the guaranteed slow and health from Frozen Mallet goes with the stats you get from Wriggles and Mercury Treds. In case you don't know, Frozen Mallet's slow doesn't stack with Triforce. So, only build one or the other.
That's a terrible build for jax.

Jungle jax is recommended with 9/21/0 masteries, running standard AD runes. Counter strike at level 1, empower at level 2, and empower or counter strike at level 3 depending if you want to gank or not on the first run. Use counterstrike to dodge jungle creep damage and w to reset attack timers

On the first back buy boots and continue to farm the jungle or gank. On your 2nd back get 2 doran's blades

IMO jax doesn't especially need wriggles. By level 6, his sustained damage is so high that you can quickly take out camps. However wriggles is helpful as he can jump to wards. If you have 1 or 2 kills by level 7/8 go for bilgewater cutlass, otherwise settle for wriggles if your behind or have been counterjungled.

After cutlass, start a phage or sheen. Phage if you want to 1 v1 people, sheen for more burst. Finish merc treads (Or ninja tabi if you feel inclined). Finish trinity afterword and finish hextech gunblade.

From here your build doesn't particularly matter because jax does some pretty stupid amount of damage mid/lategame. I like to rush GA to go jax mode more often. After GA, just build to counter the enemy team. Darius on the other team? Build warmogs. Fed ad carry or trynd? Build Frozen heart/randuins. AP carry hurting? Build abyssal scepter. Want to troll? Build Blood thirsters.

For ganking in lane, wait till they're pushed up to your side. Don't immediately leap strike to them immediately, you'll cause them to flash or run away. Counter strike in the bush, stun them and then after they have flashed, leap strike to them. Although he has hard CC and a jump, both of them are very predictable making jax's ganking somewhat subpar although he does have the damage to back it up.

Also don't be afraid to 1v1 people later especially midgame, when you have low health. You'll most likely win because Jax is THE best duelist in the game and the fact that his core build includes lifesteal.

Also rageblade may seem like an appealing item, but I'd refrain from getting it unless your against a team full of duelists. In the current cc meta, its just not worth it as its harder and harder to chase people down.