Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

glyph of Focus VS glyph of Celerity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robertjaix

09-21-2010

Does glyph of focus also reduce your summoner spells? If not then, I might as well get glyph of celerity. Any feedback will be great.

Montegomery

Recruiter

09-21-2010

To my knowledge neither affect summoner spells.

Glyph of Focus is generally considered superior to Celerity because Celerity is only surpasses Focus at level 14+, and even then by very little. Because CDR tends to be more important the longer your CDs are, and because CDs tend to long at early levels compared to late, Celerity's delay in effectiveness is seen as detrimental.

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMN

09-21-2010

Monte: CDR can also be important if you have a skill that you need to spam, or anything that with CDR can be used twice in a team fight. It's not just for long cooldowns.

The problem with celerity primarily is that there's no benefit at the start of the game whatsoever and many games are mostly over by the time you hit level 14 when celerity finally catches up, and you can often get enough cooldown cap easily enough with masteries + focus + your item build or golem if your champ really needs cooldown reduction that much.

I've heard people argue against flat CDR, and indeed there are a lot of champs that actually don't see a lot of benefit from flat CDR or CDR in general. But that just means that you should run some other kind of glyphs like mana regen/level, mres/level, or ability power/level.

Celerity just isn't that good. It's also very expensive. I would never use celerity runes unless you have a very specific item build in mind on a champ that could really, really use the extra CDR late game to hit the cap but hardly needs anything early. There aren't really any I can think of though.

HanzGruber

09-22-2010

Celerity Runes are cheaper, so if you need the CDR but can't afford the price tag of focus, that could be a reason to get them. Also, if your build nets an early spirit visage then doesn't worry about CDR till later, Celerity will help put you at the 40% cap without pushing you grossly over it.

dreamNing

09-22-2010

Good for Zilean, that's the only one that comes to mind right now.