Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So. Sona.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LotionExplosion

09-21-2010

I don't see the point in getting locket over soul shroud. Still looking for more builds though.

Yuruku

09-21-2010

Quote:
LotionExplosion:
I don't see the point in getting locket over soul shroud. Still looking for more builds though.

Innervating Locket (remake)
  • 2250G
  • +430 Health
  • +450 Mana
  • Unique Aura: Nearby allies gain 20 hp/5 and 9 mp/5.
  • Unique Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 10%
  • Unique Passive: When you cast a spell, you regenerate 50 health and 20 mana over 2 seconds. This effect has a 3 second cooldown and no longer affects allies.

Soul Shroud
  • 2105G
  • +520 Health
  • UNIQUE Aura: Gives nearby Champions 12 Mana per 5 and 15% reduced Cooldowns.

Comparison:
Cost: 145 less for soulshroud
Stats: 90 more hp on soulshroud
450 more mana on locket

Auras: 3 more mp5 for soulshroud, but 20 more hp5 for locket and the CDR for soulshroud (added later)

Passives: spellcast +50 hp +20mana for locket (yay more mana regen, ooh and hp) locket

CDR: 5% more for soul shroud, aura.

wait why are we taking soulshroud over locket again?

Stormsoul

09-21-2010

Quote:
Yuruku:
  • 2250G
  • +430 Health
  • +450 Mana
  • Unique Passive: When you cast a spell, you regenerate 50 health and 20 mana over 2 seconds. This effect has a 3 second cooldown and no longer affects allies.

Soul Shroud
  • 2105G
  • +520 Health

Comparison:
450 more mana on locket

Auras: 3 more mp5 for soulshroud, but 20 more hp5 for locket and the CDR for soulshroud (added later)

Passives: spellcast +50 hp +20mana for locket (yay more mana regen, ooh and hp) locket

this.

Yuruku

09-21-2010

I wonder if going a janna-ish build like
rushing catalyst
boots
nashors (huge cdr, good ap, mp5, some AS)
then instead of a banshees unless needed, go with locket?

I could understand why people wouldn't think nashors, but its pretty godly on janna and sona is itemized similar just with a bit more regen needed

LotionExplosion

09-21-2010

Quote:
Yuruku:
  • 2250G
  • +430 Health
  • +450 Mana

Soul Shroud
  • 2105G
  • +520 Health

Comparison:
450 more mana on locket

That's exactly why I think Soul Shroud is better. In team fights, you're not going to be banking on your HP regen to save you. HP regen in general is a pretty bad stat as most teamfights take a fraction of a minute. Granting your team 15% CDR is much better than some HP/5. Shroud gives more CDR, more HP, and more mana regen. For less gold. It doesn't give you slow regeneration, but we've since moved from the, dare I say, "poking metagame". Teamfights don't take forever.

Yuruku

09-21-2010

Quote:
LotionExplosion:
That's exactly why I think Soul Shroud is better. In team fights, you're not going to be banking on your HP regen to save you. HP regen in general is a pretty bad stat as most teamfights take a fraction of a minute. Granting your team 15% CDR is much better than some HP/5. Shroud gives more CDR, more HP, and more mana regen. For less gold. It doesn't give you slow regeneration, but we've since moved from the, dare I say, "poking metagame". Teamfights don't take forever.

for 145 less gold.

HP regen makes your effective hp much higher, the mana regen is much much more, youre getting a lot of mana (she isnt really good with it anyway) and not all champions benefit from cdr, all champions do benefit from hp5, 3 more mp5, only for teammates

your mana regen will be loads higher with locket

LotionExplosion

09-21-2010

The 3 more MP5 is granted from Shroud, not Locket. And HP regen.. Do you rely on that? Great, in 50 seconds you get 200 HP. You could argue with more CDR, you could spam your heal more often... Obviously the locket's heal spellcast effect doesn't work every time you cast a spell, there's a 3 second cooldown for it to work (sort of like Sheen).

Also, how many champions out of the 60ish that we have don't benefit from CDR?

Cenerae

09-21-2010

The HP/5 aura on the locket is weak. Nobody builds emblem of valor just to have the emblem of valor, because the aura sucks outside of the early minutes of a game (and when most people wouldn't have it anyway). 15% CDR as an aura benefits a wide array of champs, but the hp/5 on the locket won't help too much except in very long, drawn out battles.

The locket does benefit Sona herself more than the soul shroud does, but the shroud is imo, much better for support purposes. Given that's her job...

zAPPzAPP

09-21-2010

I think people are to fast to drop her into the old support -> CDR/Tank style.
She has very nice AP ratios on her heal and can also do quite some damage with Q. It is on a low cooldown for such a strong nuke even without much CDR.

Also trying her out, it strikes me, she is kinda perfect for a Lichbane based Hybrid build:
- her autoattack seems to be very long range
- her natural attack speed is not bad, at least it "felt" fast. I need to see the stats here
- cycling through her abilitys, she can keep using lichbane proc basicly on its cooldown limit
- she has a speed buff, which is nice for chasing, if you build a slow / got lizard
- it seems you can cast abilities without interrupting your autoattacks or movement

needs actual testing of course, but it could be fun

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

09-21-2010

Quote:
zAPPzAPP:
I think people are to fast to drop her into the old support -> CDR/Tank style.
She has very nice AP ratios on her heal and can also do quite some damage with Q. It is on a low cooldown for such a strong nuke even without much CDR.

Also trying her out, it strikes me, she is kinda perfect for a Lichbane based Hybrid build:
- her autoattack seems to be very long range
- her natural attack speed is not bad, at least it "felt" fast. I need to see the stats here
- cycling through her abilitys, she can keep using lichbane proc basicly on its cooldown limit
- she has a speed buff, which is nice for chasing, if you build a slow / got lizard
- it seems you can cast abilities without interrupting your autoattacks or movement

needs actual testing of course, but it could be fun

He heals like .5 and her damage is like .6 her ult has nice ratios though