USA LoL Server Location?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShinobiWonKanobi

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ndst0rM View Post
Ping does not only depend on the distance.

Your connection can be slowed by not optimal routing, old hardware or software, busy telephone line during rushhours... Heck, it can even be deliberately slowed down by your provider.

I've got a cheap contract with a good provider and I get 120 - 160 ping to US servers from western Germany (I believe EU summoners get connected to NY servers exclusively) not to mention godlike 16 ping to EU servers wherever they may be. A friend of mine has high ping slow download speed and constantly breaking down connection cause he lives in a small village where they got old phone lines and all of their data has to be send to the next bigger city before it can travel on.

So if you want to improve your ping go and talk to your provider first.
Exactly!

And with all these comments I'm surprised not one person has mentioned port forwarding!

I personally live in cali and I was still getting ping spikes upwards 1.3k - 4.4k ping which is virtually unplayable lol But with a little bit of web sleuthing, I was able to change my port forwarding settings on my router and have a consistent 27 ping since

These are the ports I managed to dig up, hope it helps!
TCP: 8393-8400, 2099, 5223, 5222
UDP: 5000-5500

SnowmerDingerBot

10-07-2012

question; WTF IS GOING ON WITH MY PING?!?

this only happens when im in a LoL match ive checed my internet i tried re installing 4 times, ive repaired 3 times triple checked my internet, tried to lower my settings
W.T.F

Dat NA server OP

KronicalA

03-14-2013

Bwahhaha in australia i get 160 (Steady) ping

RealBfabbsDoe

03-17-2013

I was wondering if you could perhaps make a server on www.speedtest.net so that i can check my ping before I start a game to see if my ping is well enough to even play. Its really simple, all you have to do is click the "Become a Host" button at the bottom of the page and then fill in the required. I hope you take this into consideration and others feel free to use this website to test your ping. Its really helpful and easy!!!

zanics

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewyrm View Post
No kidding, and a team comprised entirely with folks with a ~230 ping against one with ~30 a piece are at an even greater disadvantage.

But what can they (Australians, for example) do? There are no servers close. The closest server is in the phillapines, is run by Garena, and from what I can tell has AU IP blocked. The only other one available seems to be in China, and the ping to that one is even worse than to the US.

Are you saying they simply shouldn't play?

The issue is that Australia doesnt actually have direct routing to the Phillipines, so we end up getting routed across the world and its actually worse than the US servers.

Edit: oops sorry for the horrible old bump guys, didnt realise.

NE0

05-08-2013

They have a LOL server in New York City? So, if I play from Manhattan, how much average ping will I get and which ISP should I choose in Manhattan to play LOL with the lowest ping? PLZ help guys

NE0

05-09-2013

Can you configure your account or your PC or whatevers configurable so that you play on 1 specific server? If yes, how do you do that? Help plz

Valsin

05-09-2013

holy necro thread batman. 2009?!

Roksas

06-06-2013

What do you guys suggest for me then? I have Fiber Optics and live less than 50 miles away from L.A. and evert other game no matter what i get a constant 390 ping for the entire game.

djd1999

Recruiter

06-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff0rt View Post
I wish you guys would relocation the servers to chicago/central so us in the east coast won't have 100 ping when guys in the west get <10 ping. Would be awesome for both coasts getting 50~ ping.
well its not that easy to move the entire server to a different state. They could maybe MAKE a new server around the east, but then i dont think the whole lol community would all be playing at the same time