Losing Streak

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeratoth

09-16-2012

I've done some looking at my time usage and realizes that its more like I'll play dozens of games one weekend and none the rest of the week.
Things are getting more routine now so it should smooth out more.

What I dont understand is how learning how a boring right clicker plays will make me a better AP mid. I do enjoy playing ADC as ashe (yes she right clicks, but she also has that wonderful ULT. that takes AIMING. Unlike say, the king of yawn, Master Yi), and solotop as Riven or shyvana is good too, but it doesnt give me any further insight into how to kick copius ass with Ahri or Morgana. Who are still much more fun to play.

the other recommendations are helpful, but I made a rule of buying only sexy female champs first, and I'm sticking to it. (I'm making my own little stand on the fanbase's constant b*tching about female character design. I for one entirely support Riot's choices. Thank you.) Even if I didn't, I specifically go for characters with unique (usually meaning difficult) playstyles. Like I said in the first post, this was far more than just getting used to a new champ. My first games with cass and orianna didn't go THIS bad.

I'm glad that the response has been so positive, (especially given how some of the player base acts), but I did see some people defending the leaverbuster thing. Which I must respond to:
No. Its a game. if real life comes up and a teammate has to leave, deal with it. Oh well. I've lost games because of disconnects, and it never bugs me. the fact that not only can you be autobanned for it, but its ALSO a reportable option? Its like the community thinks players owe more to their teammates than their own lives. Nope. Its a GAME. your teammates owe you the best they can give, but real life always comes first. Within reason. If it can wait, it should, if it CAN'T, you shouldn't be punished for it.
Dont be these guys

xSW4GxSC0P3x

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratoth View Post
I've been playing half a year and only have 79 wins, not even rank 30... I dont know. Its just looking seriously depressing.
i started playing at the start of summer break, and before the end of summer break i was level 30 with 100 wins, currently 150 or something like that (i'm an owl)

all i can honestly say is watch pro streams and youtube a lot, learn all the champions limits so you know what can and can't be done with certain items and at certain times. the more you play the better you can judge a situation for a team fight/gank

Troll HD

09-16-2012

part of the problem is not that you are bad its that currently, (when i say this i mean very recently), it is popular to go into matches with ridiculously broken team comps. and in case you dont know what this means for you, it means that unless you have someone who can hypercarry a whole team against some of the best possible champs then you arent going to win.

prime example: your team dr. mundo, ap teemo, and lets go with wukong for variety's sake
enemy team jax, sion, and shen.

this is an example of you cannot win unless you have someone who can hypercarry a whole team.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

As an additional comment to the leaverbuster point: Do not start a game if there's a possibility of interruption. Obviously, there will be emergencies that occur and do take priority over a game. But there's no way in hell these will occur often enough to cause you to be banned.

I think I've only ever had to leave a game in progress once where it couldn't be avoided... and I'm not even sure about that, since I can't seem to recall what circumstances might have caused it, so maybe I'm only imagining it out of a desire to be sympathetic.

The fact is, leaverbuster and the reporting option are there to punish ragequitters, not emergencies. And there are ragequitters - just yesterday I had my ADC quit 5 minutes in after a bad play and a karthus ult finished both of us off bottom lane.

Legitimate emergencies should never be occuring often enough to cause an honest player to be punished... and if it's not an emergency, don't leave the game. It can wait.

If you're determined to play difficult champions, that's fine... it'll probably make you a better player in the long run. But be prepared to spend alot of time doing it before it starts to work for you.

Zeratoth

09-17-2012

I'm aware that emergencies aren't likely to happen enough to get you banned.
but they could. the fact that the community thinks LEAVING a GAME is something bad enough that the player shouldn't be allowed to play the game anymore, even temporarily, is mind boggling.
What possible justification is there?

For the record, I haven't left a game since my first week or so of playing. this isn't a personal complaint, this is a comment on the community attitude. An attitude carried over from DotA, sadly.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Because it's probably the most frustrating way to lose a game.

Gl0um

09-17-2012

Zeratoth, you've got 0 teamplay to say "i don't understand why i can be banned because i dc"...

It's a team game, you need the 5 people, it's really annoying to lose because someone have to go to eat an ice cream with the girl he's trying to f*ck...

If you can't understand the word "team", don't ask yourself why you lose.

Sereg Anfaug

09-17-2012

Heh.

Acidic

09-17-2012

Ok, I've taken a good look at what's been said here and I'm not gonna argue with the leave buster because its obviously not going to change. I've been banned once or twice from it already but its only for a day so its not that big of a deal.

I bought syndra on Saturday and I've been playing her constantly until today. Granted I've lost a majority of these games but usually it was my team losing their lanes and then me ending up being ganked because none of them know what a ping or a mia is. But anyways back to the point. Syndra has one of the highest skill caps in the game because of her non traditional skill shots. Her Q, dark sphere is like karthus's mine thingy but it takes up a lot more mana. If you're finding you're self becoming more and more mana dependent I would advise you to stop spamming your Q. It does a ton of damage once it hits level 5 because of her passive and has a ridiculously short cooldown so it might be tempting. Also, if you're having trouble landing your e (your stun), I would advise you to just practice in a bot game. The most efficient way is to put down your q and then immediately blast out your e. Keep the orb in the center of the cone and it will go straight forward. It's easier if you can imagine there being a straight line as in a real skillshot from you to the orb outwards. If you're still having trouble, try putting down your orb, and then using w and slowing them, putting down another orb, and then using your e. You shouldn't be missing your stun with 2 orbs on the ground. Becareful though, because this is blasting out your entire combo and eats up a BUNCH of mana. Make sure you still have enough mana for your ult.

Here's some tips when laning.

If you're laning with annie, you can actually pick up tibbers and just chuck him back into her face. Its actually pretty funny.

At most, you can have 5 orbs on the field at once. You're Q's cd doesnt go down as you level it.

Your ult is a killing device. However, many a time they will be left with a sliver of health. So once you blast out your combo and follow up with your ulti, make sure to add in an ignite or an extra orb.

If you want to win a game with Syndra, your top or bot lanes cannot be lost. Syndra is a mega squishy. If she gets ganked, SHE WILL DIE if you cannot land your stun in time. Make sure your team knows to call mias and ping.

Don't put your orb out too far or you can't use your e on it.

Ok so that's about it. I'll post more things if I see them come up. Remember to take blue when you can, it comes in handy. With blue, You can actually take down a squishy with your q at level 5 in about 5 to 6 hits.

Zeratoth

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gl0um View Post
Zeratoth, you've got 0 teamplay to say "i don't understand why i can be banned because i dc"...

It's a team game, you need the 5 people, it's really annoying to lose because someone have to go to eat an ice cream with the girl he's trying to f*ck...

If you can't understand the word "team", don't ask yourself why you lose.
I do understand team. I work hard to maintain teamwork, cover my teammates and use group strategies, and try to keep the morale up as much as possible. Even moreso if one person happens to leave. I've had games that were at an even position, then someone on my team leaves, end in victory. "Annoying" isn't worth banning. *shrug* Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Heh.
what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapidity View Post
Ok, I've taken a good look at what's been said here and I'm not gonna argue with the leave buster because its obviously not going to change. I've been banned once or twice from it already but its only for a day so its not that big of a deal.

I bought syndra on Saturday and I've been playing her constantly until today. Granted I've lost a majority of these games but usually it was my team losing their lanes and then me ending up being ganked because none of them know what a ping or a mia is. But anyways back to the point. Syndra has one of the highest skill caps in the game because of her non traditional skill shots. Her Q, dark sphere is like karthus's mine thingy but it takes up a lot more mana. If you're finding you're self becoming more and more mana dependent I would advise you to stop spamming your Q. It does a ton of damage once it hits level 5 because of her passive and has a ridiculously short cooldown so it might be tempting. Also, if you're having trouble landing your e (your stun), I would advise you to just practice in a bot game. The most efficient way is to put down your q and then immediately blast out your e. Keep the orb in the center of the cone and it will go straight forward. It's easier if you can imagine there being a straight line as in a real skillshot from you to the orb outwards. If you're still having trouble, try putting down your orb, and then using w and slowing them, putting down another orb, and then using your e. You shouldn't be missing your stun with 2 orbs on the ground. Becareful though, because this is blasting out your entire combo and eats up a BUNCH of mana. Make sure you still have enough mana for your ult.

Here's some tips when laning.

If you're laning with annie, you can actually pick up tibbers and just chuck him back into her face. Its actually pretty funny.

At most, you can have 5 orbs on the field at once. You're Q's cd doesnt go down as you level it.

Your ult is a killing device. However, many a time they will be left with a sliver of health. So once you blast out your combo and follow up with your ulti, make sure to add in an ignite or an extra orb.

If you want to win a game with Syndra, your top or bot lanes cannot be lost. Syndra is a mega squishy. If she gets ganked, SHE WILL DIE if you cannot land your stun in time. Make sure your team knows to call mias and ping.

Don't put your orb out too far or you can't use your e on it.

Ok so that's about it. I'll post more things if I see them come up. Remember to take blue when you can, it comes in handy. With blue, You can actually take down a squishy with your q at level 5 in about 5 to 6 hits.
This is all mostly stuff I've figured out since then. Though maybe next game I'll ask if the jungler can run a non-blue dependent char so I can have it. That should help. Thanks anyway though.