Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gangplank's Viability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SGtrenner

09-14-2012

Just wanted to see everyone else opinion on the current status of Gangplank. I currently think that he is very underpowered, and could use some sort of a buff/rework. I believe they should take away from the need to play crit plank, and allow a more standard play for gangplank, but currently I feel you must play him with a tanking aspect, or critplank, or he is generally useless in a game. Honesty, I think they should drop the damage of parrrrley, and increase his base damage for his basic attacks, Opinions?

Eugenides

09-14-2012

Yeah, I miss the days of gangplank being powerful. The problem, of course, was that he was one of the genuine hyper-carries if played well. It was easy to consistently get his Q to the point where it was critting 60%+ of the time for 1200 damage or so.

However, yeah, he needs a buff. The problem is that he's still one of the most RNG-reliant champs in the game, but if the numbers work for him he destroys people.

SGtrenner

09-14-2012

Anyone Else?

Verliswolf

09-14-2012

Yeah I say Gangplank could use a bit of a boost, his early game is pretty fair but late you can only run out, crit Parrley, get sucked into enemy team and pistol whip til you die.

DarkerNectron

09-14-2012

His early game is mediocre, late game he's an melee AD carry... neither of which are impressive.

I miss running around as fast as a pirate can, poppin' minions for all their gold, eating oranges and making everything K.

kavinh the third

09-15-2012

i think he's fine having a global ultimate along with being able to hold his lane and in most cases outlane most melee champions is definitely a good thing. he's a bit weak in a face to face fight but his utility more then makes up for that.

Ikimono

09-15-2012

old GP was a severe plague on League. He still is one of the most retarded champions in the game, just a lot less completely broken.
Now Jayce exists...so someone's filled his shoes.

Juli0123

09-15-2012

He need some buffs. He has only 2 damage abilities and his ult sometimes dont even hit the enemy, plus slow attack speed and aways ult to help other lanes.

Kyzonu

09-15-2012

he is great, but you have to build the correct items for him to work well

build him as a melee fighter and you'll see

cd boots
malmortius
frozen mallet or warmog
madredz
blood thirster
infinity edge or last whisper

Sodaen

09-15-2012

I don't know about Gangplank but that Special Ops skin is overpowered.