Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Nidalee viable for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

09-14-2012

Yea, most Nidalee players have a bad habit of only throwing spears and not taking advantage of her ability to control the jungle with traps.

You and your teammates die and your Nidalee is still sitting at 100% health throwing spears. The enemies are low health so Nidalee thinks she can take them all, jumps in 1v4, and gets blown up. Happens 99% of the time when a Nidalee is on my team.

Duelpower

09-15-2012

I absolutely love playing AP nidalee. She is far from just spears, you guys should know that.

Traps with sweeper gives ridiculous map vision, her cougar e/q combo has a ton of burst against low health targets.. come to think of it I might just spam some nid today.

Infirc

09-15-2012

Quote:
Psi21:
"Huck a spear all day never team play" is freaken useless to your team.

Every six seconds throwing a ridiculously wasteful, slow and dodge able spear is stupid.

What is worse is if there are two guarding a node she stupidly continues throw spears never getting a clue she is getting no where before another just shows up.

Or worse a nidalee trying to defend that she is worth it to her group for her traps which offer no site until you walk over them compared to Teemo shrooms or Shaco traps which provide site just sitting there.

And nidalee traps offer absolutely no CC distruption at much needed speed ramps.

Funny how this post pops up just after dodge penalty is reintroduced to dominion. Because any other time that b*tch be dodged.

Nope AP Nidalee worthless in dominion thanks.

Quote:
Psi21:

What is worse is if there are two guarding a node she stupidly continues throw spears never getting a clue she is getting no where before another just shows up.

Quote:
Psi21:
What is worse is if there are two guarding a node

Quote:
Psi21:
two guarding a node

Quote:
Psi21:
two

Not sure if trollin or just new to the gamemode, WHY WOULD YOU JUMP ON AN UNFAVORABLE 2v1 ON AN ENEMY CAPTURED POINT??!!!! THAT'S STUPID, POKING IS GREAT THERE. MEANS THAT WHEN THE ENGAGE TIME COMES YOUR TEAM HAS THE EDGE, 3FULL HP > 2LOW HPS+1FULLHP
and SITTING ON POINTS PLAYING CARDS IS USESESS! GIVES YOUR ENEMY CHANCE TO KNOW YOU'LL REACT LATE TO ASSAULTING OTHER POINTS.

/rant

have a nice day good sir n_n.

Catnium

09-15-2012

nid is very viable in dominion altho alot of people playing her seem to forget she can do more than chuck a spear every 10 seconds orso

I've seen some pro nid players bot that make good use of the walls ( hide behind them out of sight in the fog and spear you when you come to push the wave)and always trap the hp powerup even on your side

Evelynn Butt

09-15-2012

nid is fine on dominion

sure she can be played poorly but you could build all AP items on riven and run in and die, that doesn't make riven bad on dominion

jremmons

09-15-2012

Quote:
lbgsloan:
Aparkhurst is an insanely good player, and is one of the few people with the skill to make Nid work on Dominion. Aside from that I have seen maybe one or two decent Nid players. With an average player controlling her, she's ususally a liability to the team beyond the initial windmill fight.

to me though that doesn't mean she isn't viable for the game mode. I'd argue that she is an incredibly viable pick but has a large skillcap. She's not someone you can pickup from time 0 and proceed to roflstomp, but that doesn't in my opinion hinder her viability.

PSEUDO CRUDO

09-15-2012

AIGHT NOOBS.

1) JANGLE CONTROL! CDR + tons of traps alright WOO!
2) SPEAR POKE = take out 1/2 health from squishies before engagement! WOO!
3) Escapability: Dat hop / Dat passive
4) Smart Nidalee knows when to hop in for the finishing blow! Cat form, W, E, Q, FINISHED!
5) 60% ATTACK SPEED BUFF 7 seconds on Vayne. ALRIGHT YEAH! WOO!
6) GRAB CV AND RAPE WITH DAT SPEAR! AWW YEAH OKAY! HAHA ONLY ME DOES THAT. K GG.

GET REKT FGT

09-15-2012

She's viable, however most people do not build her/play her correctly. I've seen plenty who forget to get a Lich Bane or simply chuck spears and run, or even worse, go full glass with no CDR. Just because a significant amount of people play her poorly does not mean she is not viable.

There's a lot of people who'd state Soraka isn't viable. I tend to prove them wrong with great Soraka play. Does that mean every player should be able to pubstomp with her? No. Does that mean I'm awesome? Hell no.

Maleficarum

09-15-2012

I played Triforce-> full tank Nid for a long time and did decently well with her. She can get away with that because her traps give her a free last whisper/void staff.

I think AP nid is a better build, but it's much more expensive. You need deathcap and lichbane. And you'll still need to go into melee, which means you'll want rylai's and some armor/mr. Once you get all of that, you're an unstoppable death machine, but getting there is hard.

Pro tip: You can jump through the exact center of the wall at the top point.

Catnium

09-16-2012

dont build death cap you dont need it
dont build rylai's you dont need it
both these items are such a waist of gold for nid in dominion

build cdr boots + Athene's Unholy Grail +Hextech Sweeper + Lichbane as core build its cheaper and gives you 40% cdr + good amounts of MR

trow in a chain mail to later convert into a Zhonya's Hourglass if thay have alot of AD or some penetration items if thay stack alot of mr etc etc you know the deal counter building etc etc