Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton Vs. Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sporter

09-14-2012

So I was playing Renekton earlier and faced off against a Jayce in the top lane, it didn't go well for me. There seemed to be no way for me to get to him without him knocking me back and then shooting me.

I would slice toward him and bam, knocked back and stunned. by the time I could dice back toward him he was out of range, back to harassing me from a far.

Is there anything a Renekton can do against Jayce or is it a fail from the get go?

MuhGeeSher

09-14-2012

For me, I can't win against a Jayce at all playing as Ren. ( Maybe I'm just a noob . ) He is too much... It's better to just farm and try to sustain top lane until you get some ganks. It's not worth it switching damage cause in the end; Jayce would most likely deal more than you.

Warpather

05-03-2013

in this case you have to understand jayce's cooldowns. in my opinion this is a skill match up. Jayce's cooldown on his stance change is his downfall. I looked this up when I was about to play against a Jayce in the top lane. I was pretty worried after reading this, but I clearly dominated my lane. Renekton will shred a jayce if he can get close enough. I knew this going in so I bought armor plus 5 pots to start. This allowed me to take some dmg so I could get close to really hurt him. Also you MUST dodge his Q's. A jayce that doesn't land a Q is worthless. It is an essential part of his dmg. So basically I focused on Last Hitting (a must for every game) and anytime jayce moved forward to attack caster minions I activated my W and dashed onto him stunned him Qed dashed again. By this time he has switched to hammer stance and smacked me away. Once you hit six you have a giant advantage on Jayce. Your final is a very good final and jayce has no final. If Jayce decides to apply constant harass with his AA's, know that your dash range will put you close enough to land a stun. Make sure to activate it before going in though.

Sikieiki Yamaxan

06-22-2014

Just played a game against Jayce. I got harassed by his AA at the beginning but when he tried to CS just land your combo on him. Rush sunfire can help you a lot, and also ready to dodge his Q when he uses the gate. Your combo will deal lots of dmg to him if he went straight AD. just farm, and wait for the moment when hes close enough to you and land your combo. With a red fury Q, you wont lose the trade.