Syndra: Great idea, not as great execution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getcriton21 View Post
Syndra cannot be played with intentions of doing well so if you enjoy going positive more then 30% of the time I do not recommend this champion with that being said Ill least some reason as of why I think this. Syndra sits with a Q being Dark Sphere doing a decent set amount of dmg but having a .4 ratio and a small range and delay to going off, this being so makes her hard to hit with and if it does hit its not critical and tends to not lead into a kill. Her W isn't terrible she can manipulate buffs and minions and her own sphere but as she holds a sphere it does diminish as it would normally I think that doing so really lessons the strength of the ability. Her E being a short distance knock back with a short range is not that strong now it can be used to stun but to set that up is difficult or impossible in most cases and when your looking at the spread it gets increasingly harder the more range you have, so the E is not a very strong at all its more or less the weak trying to scatter. Her R is a strong single target damage ability that require you to spend at least 6 seconds of prep time for a decent amount of damage. Syndra's speed is also a issue to me because she lacks defense as she cant run away somewhat makes her a free kill. So from a scale of 1-10 on how she is plays and stat wise is I'd give a 2/10.
Fixed. Her E has the same .4 scaling. Only basic with non-retarded/pathetic scaling is her W.

IAmYourOnlyGod

09-15-2012

Id love to see those alters but the ult I have a different idea. Once Syndra uses this ability it causes her to go into a darkened state causing her ability's to enhance. Q Dark Sphere when used in (Ultimate) It does a 1.5 second stun to all targets hit by it. W When used under the (Ultimate) Orbs thrown at the champion cause 60% more damage and does 55% of the total dmg in splash damage to all nearby targets. E When under the (Ultimate) state her E now causes her to grab all targets in the cone suck them in and then throw them out even further by 40% and causes at 1.5 second silence.

IAmYourOnlyGod

09-15-2012

Something like that would be nice and to have a nice diming of the map would be cool or she glows in a shadow etc etc...

Stray Logos

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getcriton21 View Post
Id love to see those alters but the ult I have a different idea. Once Syndra uses this ability it causes her to go into a darkened state causing her ability's to enhance. Q Dark Sphere when used in (Ultimate) It does a 1.5 second stun to all targets hit by it. W When used under the (Ultimate) Orbs thrown at the champion cause 60% more damage and does 55% of the total dmg in splash damage to all nearby targets. E When under the (Ultimate) state her E now causes her to grab all targets in the cone suck them in and then throw them out even further by 40% and causes at 1.5 second silence.

I do think that those ideas add to the "ridiculous power" kind of feeling of Syndra, but I have a feeling an ultimate which increased her damage/utility by as much as you are suggesting would be OP. Granted the numbers could be reduced, but then it may lose some of the cataclysmic feeling.

Anrita

09-15-2012

Force of Will is her coolest feature. I think her biggest problem is just that her W and E abilities are awkward. It's hard to pick up your intended target with Force of Will... you click on the golem and get his henchman or a dark sphere. As for Scatter the Weak, if the cone was a bit longer and the hit boxes on the flying spheres were a little larger, it would probably remove a lot of the frustration.

Stray Logos

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anrita View Post
Force of Will is her coolest feature. I think her biggest problem is just that her W and E abilities are awkward. It's hard to pick up your intended target with Force of Will... you click on the golem and get his henchman or a dark sphere. As for Scatter the Weak, if the cone was a bit longer and the hit boxes on the flying spheres were a little larger, it would probably remove a lot of the frustration.
I think the reason why they did not put a lot of effort into making the FoW grab precise is because its not intended to be a skill used to reposition enemies as much as it is a gimmicky AoE slow. Don't get me wrong I like the current concept, but the reason I changed it in my OP is because if you think about it, it really is just a flashy slow inducing version of her Q.